• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    I have two friends that performed a regulated transfer at MSP in September. I was there and the officer was being extremely quiet about it. After all paperwork was completed, he said to the two that they should wait for the paperwork to come back before transferring. I had already spoken to them about it and made them aware of the law. One of them spoke up and asked the officer if they could transfer on the 8th day. He said (something to the fact of) "I can't tell you that you can do that, but that is what the law says." And he repeated that again. It was really weird to be honest.
    He did not notify them of what, if anything, they had to do if they transferred before the paperwork came back. Well the paperwork finally came back and it states that the seller must notify MSP within 7 days of the transfer of the firearm. Is this true or is there and exception because of the back log? Or maybe the office forgot to inform them about this? I am just trying to help them out with any information I can get. They are going to call MSP tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Scott Jr.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    8th day release is the LAW, friend 1 cans transfer the firearm to friend 2 on the 8th day. If the paperwork comes back "not approved" then it is MSPs responsibility to retrieve the firearm and return it to friend 1.

When the paperwork comes in after the 8th day, all they have to do is sign it and send it back in.

spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    8th day release is the LAW, friend 1 cans transfer the firearm to friend 2 on the 8th day. If the paperwork comes back "not approved" then it is MSPs responsibility to retrieve the firearm and return it to friend 1.

When the paperwork comes in after the 8th day, all they have to do is sign it and send it back in.

Thank you. That's what I thought, but I just wanted to verify.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Did paperwork at Rockville Barracks on the 19th of Aug, transferred the handgun to my son-in-law on the 10th day.

Today 10 Jan, I received the "Not Disapproved" letter from MDSP.

Dang, that is a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom