• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    A goat place?

Sir, if it is anything like what I had in Chicago, it is good.

I will trade: one great Vietnamese Pig Roasting place for one great Mexican roasted pig/goat/lamb place. It has to have fresh (not bagged) corn tortillas.

It's a good deal. The pig is has crispy skin and moist, succulent meat. It is the best I've had and it is within driving range. It can be yours....

Fair? :)

i havent been to virginia for a long time.. if i recall the place name i'll share, no doubt about that..

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    i havent been to virginia for a long time.. if i recall the place name i'll share, no doubt about that..

Thanks. And I wasn't holding back on the roasted pig place...I cannot remember it's name, either. But it is still there are quite popular.

Finding it is easy enough, though: it's a medium-sized grocery store in Eden Center at Seven Corners. They have a counter up front, to your right as you walk in the door. They sell duck, pig and sometimes chicken by the pound. They'll also do whole pigs catered.

This is good stuff. He hacks it right off the pig hot and crispy. Take a little bit of their sweet soy sauce and dig in.

Best time to go seems to be weekend mid-mornings.

Enjoy.

And to bring this round back to the OP and IHOP: There is an Original Pancake House in Falls Church that we enjoy. OPH is what IHOP wanted to be.

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    +1 on Jerry's.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'll second that one. Jerry's is great food and even better service.

As far as Bilvil goes, it is way better than westlawn. When they first opened they had a signature dish (Bilvil steak and cheese - filet butterflied and served with crumbled blue cheese, onion straws and spuds) but it took Bill too long to prepare it so he took it off the menu. If you call ahead though he will still prepare it for you if it's not too busy a night. Not quite Jerry's but still good customer service if you ask me.

Westlawn had a very brief run, and now it kind of sucks. A side note, his chef went to Skippers in Deale (not sure if he is still there but at least his influence is) and if you want a fantastic seafood buffet go there on Friday evening. I have never been disappointed with that. Skippers also has fantastic oyster shooters, but that will probably have to wait till the fall...

As far as the IHOP thing goes, having a second breakfast place in Prince Frederick will be fantastic, but if you are willing to drive to just north of the county I would suggest Fabulous Brew. It's a very small place on Friendship road just off route 2 just north of the county line. Get there early though as it fills up fast and a waiting line is the norm.

Eat well.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Not to hijack the thread, but I'll second that one. Jerry's is great food and even better service.

As far as Bilvil goes, it is way better than westlawn. When they first opened they had a signature dish (Bilvil steak and cheese - filet butterflied and served with crumbled blue cheese, onion straws and spuds) but it took Bill too long to prepare it so he took it off the menu. If you call ahead though he will still prepare it for you if it's not too busy a night. Not quite Jerry's but still good customer service if you ask me.

Westlawn had a very brief run, and now it kind of sucks. A side note, his chef went to Skippers in Deale (not sure if he is still there but at least his influence is) and if you want a fantastic seafood buffet go there on Friday evening. I have never been disappointed with that. Skippers also has fantastic oyster shooters, but that will probably have to wait till the fall...

As far as the IHOP thing goes, having a second breakfast place in Prince Frederick will be fantastic, but if you are willing to drive to just north of the county I would suggest Fabulous Brew. It's a very small place on Friendship road just off route 2 just north of the county line. Get there early though as it fills up fast and a waiting line is the norm.

Eat well.

I had lunch at Bilvil's today. Good, as expected. I remember that steak, too.

Skipper's Pier is owned by that chef. We were there a few weeks back and asked. Too bad Westlawn chased him off. They didn't suck back then.

I will check Fabulous Brew. Thanks.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    well it shouldnt take long to re-do an existing building...so maybe by fall we will have IHOP up and running....i wonder if it will be 24hrs...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    well it shouldnt take long to re-do an existing building...so maybe by fall we will have IHOP up and running....i wonder if it will be 24hrs...

it would make the return from a night at the tiki bar or green turtle much better. 3am ihop has saved me multiple times in other parts of md. Also thank goodness for the green turtle...much better than going to the bar at applebees to drink ...although $10/5 sake bombs at the japanese steakhouse is always an interesting night.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Per WBALTV.com, the Randallstown Sonic will open this Friday at 10am.

RANDALLSTOWN, Md. -- Sonic is set to open its first restaurant in Baltimore County.

The restaurant, located in the 8200 block of Liberty Road, will hire about 120 workers, county officials said. It will officially open at 10 a.m. Friday, though county and Sonic officials planned a Wednesday ceremony and invitation-only event at the business.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    it would make the return from a night at the tiki bar or green turtle much better. 3am ihop has saved me multiple times in other parts of md. Also thank goodness for the green turtle...much better than going to the bar at applebees to drink ...although $10/5 sake bombs at the japanese steakhouse is always an interesting night.

IHOP is my restaurant of choice at 3am. Then again it's really the only option. The mighty Breakfast Sampler has saved many an evening after post hockey drinking. :thumbsup: Or you can just order a lot of bacon and toast for bacon sandwiches, sops up beer pretty well.

photo.jpg

witsend

Oct 4, 2010
    Tracy's Landing, MD
    Hi guys, I'm new here...
    My wife said the IHop is open... Sounds like a have a new place to eat!
    Patrick mentioned Skipper's Pier. John the owner was the caterer at my wedding this spring. He did a great job and the food was excellent.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    welcome witsend. need to try the skippers pier one of these days..

wilcam.. wife and i like the breakfast deals.. and thats just about it... eggs.. bacon and pancakes.. yum.

STSCM

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2008
    Lusby, MD
    Goat, had Chamois in Innsbruck once, wound up throwing my guts out all the way to Garmisch. Sheesh. Had a 'goat' sandwich in Haifa, wound up spitting 1/2 of it out because of the grizzle, probably a US Special I wasn't aware of. Okay, anyone know of 'real' Mexican food, real meat BBQ, something that's different enough to make me TMA my way to that place, pls let me know. The best real Mexican food is across the street of an outfit I used to work at in Balston, never saw anyone come close here. (Any ideas at the San Antonio River walk, pls speak up, I'm going there next month). Good food points count high, in my lil book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom