• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And cables cancelled the 1k but are, for now, still shipping a single tray to the store. *smh*

At least I’ve gotta head that side of town next weekend anyway. Hopefully they’ll be there by then.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ok, Thank you.
    Small rifle primers can be used as a replacement for magnum small pistol in most cases. There MAY be some small differences, so work up your load. That said, testing CCI SR vs CCI SPM and I noticed less than a 5fps difference in velocity on H110 loads. Within the margin of error across the 10 rounds of SR and SPM I tested.

Of course not the case at all for large pistol and large rifle primers as they are dimensionally different.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    One helluva price indeed in today's market! So good in fact that it makes me wonder how or why?
    ALL the Price vs Availability factors nowadays has me trying to remember, but instead I will ask if anyone else remembers back when primers were very available AND reasonably priced. Like when full Boxes of fifty .38, 45acp, 44 mag, 9mm could be had for $10-$23 or so dollars instead of triple that amount like now.

WHAT did Primers used to cost for 1000 back let's say from around 1994-2004 or so?

I am also going by powder prices I see on some of my 1 lb cans. Instead of something crazy like $59 per lb it was something like $3.98- $7.99 per lb.

Oh how I wish I knew that prices of stuff would go insane, I'd have stocked up on so many things. Plywood, Powder, Primers, Nails and Screws, Plumbing, etc

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    ALL the Price vs Availability factors nowadays has me trying to remember, but instead I will ask if anyone else remembers back when primers were very available AND reasonably priced. Like when full Boxes of fifty .38, 45acp, 44 mag, 9mm could be had for $10-$23 or so dollars instead of triple that amount like now.

WHAT did Primers used to cost for 1000 back let's say from around 1994-2004 or so?

I am also going by powder prices I see on some of my 1 lb cans. Instead of something crazy like $59 per lb it was something like $3.98- $7.99 per lb.

Oh how I wish I knew that prices of stuff would go insane, I'd have stocked up on so many things. Plywood, Powder, Primers, Nails and Screws, Plumbing, etc
    It is called inflation and things don't cost more but your money is WORTHLESS!
    For example postage stamps I am still using forever stamps that cost me forty some cents but I remember when first class postage was $0.03.

Stock up what you can when you can because in the future today's prices will be the "Good old days" that people will remember.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Here's a thread in line with your thoughts that may interest you.

Always interesting (and oftentimes painful) to compare prices to yesteryear. But you only have to go back to 2019 to find name brand primers (after 20% rebates that were available during that year) of 2.4 cents, and sometimes a bit better. And rifle powder was commonly less than 30 bucks a pound.

These past 5 years, and the last few years in particular, have seen some really significant increases, as you correctly note. And I'm not really sure why, as it would seem to be something (or a combination of things) more significant than general inflation.

In today's market, even with significant increases, the 2 mainstays for most people (.5.56/.223 and 9mm) seem comparatively less expensive vs. recent trends. I don't have a crystal ball, but I expect these 2 remaining remnants of a better pricing era to see significant future increases as well.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It is called inflation and things don't cost more but your money is WORTHLESS!
    For example postage stamps I am still using forever stamps that cost me forty some cents but I remember when first class postage was $0.03.

Stock up what you can when you can because in the future today's prices will be the "Good old days" that people will remember.
    THIS is a FOR SURE.

Back when I first started to renovate my first house in 1994, I called HD, LOWES, 84 LUMBER to get prices on 4x8x1/2 sheetrock. Back then, it was $4-$5 per sheet. I gagged. I remember when it was $2 a sheet.
    Flash forward to INFLATION 2024. What is it now? I haven't bought a sheet in likely 10 years now. But I think I see that it is closer to $11-$23 a sheet. WTF

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom