• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Earlierbird

Jan 9, 2024
    Oakland
    Has anyone seen a local resource for large rifle primers? I know this is a tough subject but I haven’t seen any on the shelf for years.
    I have been using my stock but it’s getting low.
    thanks
    I’m in Garrett co.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    They appear here and there at bass pro shops and cabelas. Online got them for around 15-20 cents each shipped when you account for hazmat and shipping. They are averaging around 8 to 20 cents these days depending on the type, find them at the store, or buying online if you need them.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Bass pro is about it for local. Free ship to store to avoid hazmat.

1704831304104.png

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I picked some up at the Dulles gun show a couple weeks ago. Medusa Munitions is a local vendor and had a limited amount at the show.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    bass pro in hanover as been having them in stock the last couple of times i've been there , limit 1k .

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Cabelas in DE has a sale on Win #41,
    $62.98/K and plenty in stock. I grabbed a case of 5K, so no limits either and tax free.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    bass pro in hanover as been having them in stock the last couple of times i've been there , limit 1k .
    I'll have to check them out when I am there.

I appreciate the mention that BP had them online. No CCI LR left (no CCI except benchrest in stock). But I apparently got the last 1100 Remington 9 1/2 LRP shipping to the store and maybe they'll have 1k of someone's LRP there.

First time I've seen LRP that wasn't >$120 + shipping + hazmat.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I'll have to check them out when I am there.

I appreciate the mention that BP had them online. No CCI LR left (no CCI except benchrest in stock). But I apparently got the last 1100 Remington 9 1/2 LRP shipping to the store and maybe they'll have 1k of someone's LRP there.

First time I've seen LRP that wasn't >$120 + shipping + hazmat.
    Shydas has had Rem 9-1/2 for several months, $80+tax. I know it's a haul for many, but Rem has been more avail for MLRP and LRP than most

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Shydas has had Rem 9-1/2 for several months, $80+tax. I know it's a haul for many, but Rem has been more avail for MLRP and LRP than most

Yeah, unfortunately too far for me to drive right now with my busy life.

Fortunately I have some Remington 9 1/2 so I don’t have to switch up load data getting somemore

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Has anyone come across primers from the new manufacturer in Texas that was supposed to start production this year?

Expansion Industries. They supposedly produced some very limited sample product last year. Other than that, seems to be crickets. I'm not sure they're even currently viable. Rumors of layoffs, dismantling of equipment etc. Wondering myself what's fact and what's fiction, or if they'll ever be a viable source.

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom