• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    While we all spend our hours getting our boxers in bunch crying and infighting in our forum..the liberals are forming their alliences and watching with joy as our cracks widen..

I'm much more shocked that this post went by without comment. :lol2:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I think what many people are failing to realize is that guns, ammunition and parts are commodities. Like gold, coffee, fossil fuels, etc. Some people have the foresight to stock up on these items knowing that in time of shortage, crisis, or perceived crisis, they will go up in value. Would I be an a-hole for selling silver I bought five years ago for today's market price? I also bought some arms and ammo just as an investment knowing that when something like this happens I can sell for profit.

That being said I currently have not offered anything for sale and I just sold a close friend of case of .223 for $175 because he is like a brother to me. Anyone else and it would have been 3 times that. For the most part while these are commodities, they are commidities of luxury (at least for now). It's not like you are throwing a destitute old lady out on the street or causing kids to go hungry to line your pockets.

Well said. I said the same in another thread. Everyone's getting their panties in a wad over this panic buying. If particular guns and ammo were a high priority then the smart folks had stocked up; if other priorities arose and they spent their time and money elsewhere, so be it. Right now if prices are too high for you, don't buy, period. If someone else is making money, too bad! Stop being childish and jealous, or sell some of your stuff and make a lot of money!!

Or make a Blacklist of people making money so you won't do business with them ever again, that is, until they are the only ones with what you want when you want it.

This shooting in Ct was just the tipping point. Who didn't know that Obama's agenda for his second term was an AWB and other restrictions, 'under the radar'???? Those who acted on that knowledge early are probably ahead of the game, ya think?

We're not talking the moral dilemma of food and water after a hurricane here.

Sorry about coming across this way, but all this bitching about price gouging, etc from people who espouse freedom and rights so much is getting old. It is what it is--American free enterprise, free markets experiencing a panic buying situation IN ONE MARKET created by the BUYERS (that's us!!) not anyone else. The sellers are just responding as any seller in a free market should and would. They have the right to do that, and we have the right to buy now or stand on the sidelines and let the market return to normalcy.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Well said. I said the same in another thread. Everyone's getting their panties in a wad over this panic buying. If particular guns and ammo were a high priority then the smart folks had stocked up; if other priorities arose and they spent their time and money elsewhere, so be it. Right now if prices are too high for you, don't buy, period. If someone else is making money, too bad! Stop being childish and jealous, or sell some of your stuff and make a lot of money!!

Or make a Blacklist of people making money so you won't do business with them ever again, that is, until they are the only ones with what you want when you want it.

This shooting in Ct was just the tipping point. Who didn't know that Obama's agenda for his second term was an AWB and other restrictions, 'under the radar'???? Those who acted on that knowledge early are probably ahead of the game, ya think?

We're not talking the moral dilemma of food and water after a hurricane here.

Sorry about coming across this way, but all this bitching about price gouging, etc from people who espouse freedom and rights so much is getting old. It is what it is--American free enterprise, free markets experiencing a panic buying situation IN ONE MARKET created by the BUYERS (that's us!!) not anyone else. The sellers are just responding as any seller in a free market should and would. They have the right to do that, and we have the right to buy now or stand on the sidelines and let the market return to normalcy.

I agree with free market stuff. It is still my 1A right to think you are an asshat if you post an $80 lower on MDS for $500.

If people would take the time to actually read what most of us are saying, you would realize everyone agrees on that. We just don't like to see one member of our community trying to take advantage of another.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I agree with free market stuff. It is still my 1A right to think you are an asshat if you post an $80 lower on MDS for $500.

If people would take the time to actually read what most of us are saying, you would realize everyone agrees on that. We just don't like to see one member of our community trying to take advantage of another.

A contract between a willing buyer and a willing seller is hardly the seller taking avantage of the buyer. If the buyer feels it is worth it to him at that given moment, and he has the funds and buys it, so be it. If the seller never posted, the buyer would have one fewer option from which to choose. How is it providing a disservice to offer an option from which someone can select, or not.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A contract between a willing buyer and a willing seller is hardly the seller taking avantage of the buyer. If the buyer feels it is worth it to him at that given moment, and he has the funds and buys it, so be it. If the seller never posted, the buyer would have one fewer option from which to choose. How is it providing a disservice to offer an option from which someone can select, or not.

RIF

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If the market bears someone making a grand on a purchase they made less then two months ago that's great.

People putting up something insane hoping to find a fool is kind of being a dick.

I have a true AR package with near 3 grand in it. If I put it on for 6k like other people have been doubling their money am I a dick if someone buys it? I dont think so....just dont buy it. If I needed the cash you could offer less.

If anyone saw this coming they would have bought High Rock Outfitters out of their HBARS at 1050 that he was asking for COLTS......could of would of should of.

I can see an ad and think you are a dick. In the same token no one is forcing anyone to buy a 2k dollar 1k dollar rifle or a 500 dollar lower. So take it for what it is.

IP's are in a different world. Why blow out your stock UBER low when you know the next shipment is going to cost you 20-60% more. Kind of hard to run a business like that.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

No argument there. I think we're all on the same page about MDS members, but just like any other family, there's always a (few) black sheep. When a crisis arises, most family sticks together yet there's always a few who can't fight the urge to go the 'everyone for themselves' route, even when the crisis is likely to be temporary. There a a couple of threads going now about price gouging, etc that are just filled with gripes. This is an opportunity to learn about not only being properly prepared for the unexpected but about who (and who isn't) there to support one when the going gets rough. The griping gets us nowhere.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I'm just glad that a member here (I won't mention his name, but he can come forward if he would like) who sold me a Sub2k .40S&W this week didn't rape me. I PM'd him when he said he had it for sale, I made an offer which ended up being a $50 profit for him (plus a 6 pack of beer).

He had offers that morning of $150-200 more, and was looking at probably $400-500+ more profit if he would have put it on Gunbroker. Stand up guy, and looking back now at how he treated me - I think I owe him another 6 pack of beer. :)

I'll PM him after the holidays.

Sirex