• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Where did all the spam go? I tought there was still millions of rounds to be imported?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Vendors are hidding their piles maybe? and when the price is sky rocketed, then pull one of those "old stock was found in the back of our grandmas basement storage, now back in stock" trick, for $159 for 440 per spam can. Am I way off on this kind of scheme?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=536293206

pix219786326.jpg

Yeah, that's pallets and pallets of 54r

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I was momentarily confused. I thought the OP wanted to buy 880 crates of 7.62x54r, not one crate containing 880 rounds. Let's see, 880 crates containing 880 rounds per crate is nearly three-quarters of a million rounds. That's a lot of ammo!

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I was momentarily confused. I thought the OP wanted to buy 880 crates of 7.62x54r, not one crate containing 880 rounds. Let's see, 880 crates containing 880 rounds per crate is nearly three-quarters of a million rounds. That's a lot of ammo!

I would call that a good start. :party29:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    7n14 is banned for import, but I think that's all (besides incendiary and exploding, but US made incendiary and exploding are OK, duh)

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I am looking on Gunbroker now, and the average ASKING price per can is about 175, but the ones with bids are at 155 and 135 currently, plus shipping. I am watching to see what they actually go for. I have never seen GB this dry on 54r.

Here is some pricey, but good stuff if anyone is looking;
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=536623313

I knew the price will go up when the time I ordered around 8 at once when it was reasonable, but didn't expect it's almost double the price now.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    The .35 per round shipped by cabelas was the wolf silver bear non corrosive. The spam can like we all know are corrosive (it was $80-$100 shipped per spam can). I didn't pay a lot of money for my Mosin, clean it with ammonia, and lube it everytime I shot it. So far so good.

Ammonia? The corrosive salts get washed away with water. Ammonia is used for copper fouling.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I thought the ammonia was to help with evaporation of the water used to neutralize the salts. Water + Amonia

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Damn. I have been doing this wrong the whole time, ugh. I usually cleaned it with either windex or ammonia mixed with water. Then I cleaned it with bore cleaner ans lube it afterward.

So just hot water run through the barrel would be good enough? Then I guess lube it afterward?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom