• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    When the govt begins to seriously worry about a citizens' militia being formed, you can be reasonably sure that the govt is the direct cause.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    “When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Credited to Thomas Jefferson but no proof has been found he actually said it.

Still...the quote is accurate. That's why those in power want to make sure no one can defy them. The Democrat Party...and some Republicans...have been acting that way for many years.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I never envisioned myself going contra to law because of how I was raised. The older I get and the more the tyrants push tyranny.....

Senate version submitted by Ratskin. Of course.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    So as the 2nd amendment gives the right to keep and bear arms. What defines a militia is the quest....
    Is it two or more at the range? Is it a gun club? Is it a hunting club?

When the NRA was formed in 1871. Our gov was behind it and promoted civilian gun training. The DCM, (Division of Civilian Marksmanship) Loaned my club 10 m1 Garands, 10 m1 Carbines, and 10 Colt 45's. They recalled the 45's after Kenedy was shot.
    During Clinton Admin, The M1's were offerd for sale as they were turning the DCM into a profit center.

Now things have changed. The program was a success and many civilians now are shooters. However, gov has changed its direction ,
    they are discouraging folks from gun ownership.

So are they now preventing private groups from gun ownerships. Is gov now wanting disarm rather then have a civilian force ready to help defend the country?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I see this as violation of 1 & 2, both guaranteeing us the specific right to specifically form private militia

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I don’t view this as a second amendment issue. The Constitution via the 1A guarantees freedom of assembly. This clearly is at odds with that guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    I don’t view this as a second amendment issue. The Constitution via the 1A guarantees freedom of assembly. This clearly is at odds with that guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's hard to argue with your logic, but since when have legislatures cared about the masses constitutional rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom