• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    The price on these have been intriguing me a bit, currently $289 on SOG. I'm debating on buying one. I've been advised it's for sale in Maryland in it's original form and I should look at getting it AOW'd by having a forward grip installed. What is the procedure for this? I have this going on in my head, excuse my ignorance this is all new. :o

1. Call up shop, tell them intentions.
    2. Order, inform SOG that it's going to a proper FFL.
    3. When it arrives, pay transfer fee, $5 stamp, and whatever they decide to charge me when they modify it.
    4. ?????
    5. Profit.

Assuming it happens, it'll be my first NFA firearm. Also I would like some recommendations on who can make it happen. I live in the Clinton area and searching around nearest shop is an hour and 45 minutes away. :sad20:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think you're going to have to get the FFL to order it for you. Unless things have changed they won't deal direct with the end use customer like Aim and some of the others will.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I think you're going to have to get the FFL to order it for you. Unless things have changed they won't deal direct with the end use customer like Aim and some of the others will.

If you have a C&R they treat you like a dealer. I've gotten several pieces directly from them, two just recently (though nothing NFA...).

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    The stock is only spot welded in one spot and easy to grind off so i was told by an 07, so I would SBR it. Think about ammo however, if they happen to import more it wont be cheap anymore

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Because it can't be transferred in MD as a pistol(not on the roster) so AOWing or SBRing is the only way.

Ok, at least that makes sense.

However why not put it up for Roster review. There is a member of the Roster board at my gun club (AGC). I have talked to him a lot about it and it will pass, no problem. That way all of us can get them.

Yeah SBRing it would be better! I know its a bit pricely but from what I have seen of these pistol sub guns, they are not much to shoot with out that stock.

Oh and to add to the list, you could get FA too in MD, if you can find one for sale. Just not that evil pistol version.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'd just submit it for roster approval. *shrugs*

As for the ammo, JG was selling it. Not as cheap as it used to be by a long shot, but still much cheaper than 9mm.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location

Attachments

• pps43.JPG
      pps43.JPG
      21 KB · Views: 447

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    A shot one at myrtle grove... the darn thing is accurate and the recoil in pistol format is okay.. But a stock would make it really fast and accurate to shoot.

Believe it or not, I saw someone at Myrtle Grove with one and I wanted it when I laid eyes on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom