• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Is it possible to still submit written testimony since Zirkin is pushing it?? I’m willing to update and submit my testimony for the long gun and 3d bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They generally will accept it, but do not have to do so under current MGA rules.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    That works for us Eastern Shore gun owners, all you Western Shore dwellers better sell all your guns to us at a discount and maybe we will let you come visit them occasionally. :D

So in the true spirit of "will not comply", Eastern Shore gun owners should decline the exemption, ALL OR NONE.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    she

I don't know what she is thinking, the state has some preemption rule or law that is not supposed to allow different gun laws for different counties/areas. I wish she was thinking succession.

The states preemption laws forbid cities and counties from passing different gun laws. The state can still say that x applies to this area and y applies to this other area.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    The states preemption laws forbid cities and counties from passing different gun laws. The state can still say that x applies to this area and y applies to this other area.

I can't recall the state doing anything like that in the past...could you enlighten me?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    she

I don't know what she is thinking, the state has some preemption rule or law that is not supposed to allow different gun laws for different counties/areas. I wish she was thinking succession.

Didn’t realize he was a she!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    It has been talked about wherever anyone states "SB882".

I'm aware. I suppose what is actually troubling to me is that they've restricted everyone's time to testify to the point where it's not possible to get to everything, and so we're effectively unable to give a defense of things like 80% lowers and homebuilt firearms.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I'm aware. I suppose what is actually troubling to me is that they've restricted everyone's time to testify to the point where it's not possible to get to everything, and so we're effectively unable to give a defense of things like 80% lowers and homebuilt firearms.
    Yup...I made mention of that fact when I testified on behalf of MSRPA.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Emissions laws and HOV exemptions are two off the top of my head.

With due respect, I was speaking specifically to laws regarding firearm restrictions. I recall many years ago a district or county wanted to restrict firearms ownership more than the current law at the time. If I remember correctly the area ( seem to recall it was Baltimore) submitted a bill to the MGA and was rejected at the time because of preemption regarding firearms laws.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Would Maryland's geographical patchwork of what-you-can-hunt-which-critters-with rules be an analogy? Not that I think carving up the state into equal and less-equal is a tolerable approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom