• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vision

Apr 10, 2011
    Havre de Grace, MD
    Not sure what you are looking for or where you are, but they have some powder at Bass Pro in Arundel Mills, and they have primers for sale at FreeState.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Clydes had some primers on Sat. CCI 450 and some WW.

I did not ask about powder.

Basically these days, you get what you can find, and you look everywhere. And you buy it IMMEDIATELY, as what is in stock now, may not be in 15 minutes or less.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    9 is pretty easy. You need Small Pistol primers. You can use any of the fast pistol powders. WW231 is my choice. But Bullseye, Unique, and many others will work. Look at some loading manuals. You should have SEVERAL before you start loading.

I like Lyman, Sierra, Hornady. You can also look up data on the Hodgdon (Hodgdon, IMR, and WW powders), Alliant, and Accurate sites.

For .223 there is a WIDE range of powders that are very dependent on the bullet weight. You can shoot from 35 gr to 90 gr bullets in .223, depending on what you are trying to do. And there is no one powder that will be OK for the entire range.

It also depends on how you are loading. Powder measures work better with ball powders. But some of the more accurate powders are extruded or stick, and for maximum consistancy, you need to weigh each charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom