• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I tried Unique for a long time in 45 ACP but it wouldn't do anything Bullseye wouldn't. I didn't find Unique dirty but I found Unique and lead bullets dirty. I get similar smoke shooting a fast string using Bullseye and lead. Shooting jacketed or heavily plated bullets with Bullseye I get clean burn.

Typically a sooty case means the pressures are low or the cases have hardened. Did both of those cases shoot to the same velocities with same weight bullets?

After almost 30 years of reloading, I basically use just 5 different powders for 45 ACP, 357 and 44 Magnum and 38 Special. I may start loading 30 Carbine, so the H110 will have that covered.

Just about any fast powder and lead will be smoky due to the lube vaporizing from my experience.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

wgttgw

Apr 10, 2011
    Cambridge
    What lube do you guys get the smoke from? I don't get any smoke to speak of with either of the 2 homemade lubes I use. The simplest lube I make is beeswax and 2 cycle oil. Liquid Alox is very smokey and stinky if that is what lube you are using. The Alox works well I just did not like the smell or smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom