• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    If I miss Medusa Joe's, I'll give them a call. Been looking for a road trip....

If all else fails and you have other stuff to barter, I have an 8lb jug of Universal I grabbed this Summer but since found other powder better suited to my loads (357sig) so it's sitting up in PA with my bargaining chips.. :)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    midsouth has a bunch of powder in stock, including alliant e3 of which i bought two 8# jugs, supposedly works great with .40 for uspsa

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Thanks again, Medisa Joe!! Reloading stocks in place for a while......

BTW - Have you ever noticed how much a brick of 209 shotgun primers looks like a brick of .22!!! Dammit, neither did I, but I now have a reason for another road trip!!!

FYI - driveway in Severna Park (1450) to driveway in Hollywood (1645) with one stop at WAWA. Traffic was a bear on Rt.3 south from I-97 to MD 214, a.k.a "The Gambrills, Crofton, Bowie, Festival of Traffic Lights". So, about 90 minutes straight through and now that I know the "path" on Peregrine "Drive"Way.

P.S. They left the "Drive" out of Peregrine Way!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Recobs has.....
    1#, 8# Varget
    1#, 8# 8208
    1#, 8# H335
    1# H110, W231, BLC2
    4# W231

Midsouth has....
    Red Dot Smokeless Shotshell Powder 8 Lb
    Bullseye Smokeless Pistol Powder 1#, 4#, 8#
    Unique Smokeless Powder 1 Lb
    2400 Smokeless Pistol Powder 4 Lb
    Above... At time of posting....

there are some others...but figured these the most...
    Hope it helps out some...
    Good luck...

-Rock

Loken

Jul 3, 2020
    Recobs has.....
    1#, 8# Varget
    1#, 8# 8208
    1#, 8# H335
    1# H110, W231, BLC2
    4# W231

Midsouth has....
    Red Dot Smokeless Shotshell Powder 8 Lb
    Bullseye Smokeless Pistol Powder 1#, 4#, 8#
    Unique Smokeless Powder 1 Lb
    2400 Smokeless Pistol Powder 4 Lb
    Above... At time of posting....

there are some others...but figured these the most...
    Hope it helps out some...
    Good luck...

-Rock

I don’t see it noted anywhere in the description, but I don’t think it’ll let me order more than one of the 8# Varget, I tried two cards and I got a non-payment related error both times. Hard decision, but I think I’m going to pass. The $60 hazmat/shipping is too much for one container, at least for me & at this moment. Hopefully things will get less scarce before I’m totally out and willing to pay that

Appreciate the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I don’t see it noted anywhere in the description, but I don’t think it’ll let me order more than one of the 8# Varget, I tried two cards and I got a non-payment related error both times. Hard decision, but I think I’m going to pass. The $60 hazmat/shipping is too much for one container, at least for me & at this moment. Hopefully things will get less scarce before I’m totally out and willing to pay that

Appreciate the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW: Varget 8# are gone, I Tried to order 16# 2-8 it let me of another powder, also it seems 1# are limited to 10

Sorry.... I didn't check that
    just looking at powders avail, if you aint got it....there it is...

just like people paying crazy prices for primers on GB

it is what it is...

-Rock

Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    Thanks again, Medisa Joe!! Reloading stocks in place for a while......

BTW - Have you ever noticed how much a brick of 209 shotgun primers looks like a brick of .22!!! Dammit, neither did I, but I now have a reason for another road trip!!!

FYI - driveway in Severna Park (1450) to driveway in Hollywood (1645) with one stop at WAWA. Traffic was a bear on Rt.3 south from I-97 to MD 214, a.k.a "The Gambrills, Crofton, Bowie, Festival of Traffic Lights". So, about 90 minutes straight through and now that I know the "path" on Peregrine "Drive"Way.

P.S. They left the "Drive" out of Peregrine Way!!!

Thanks for making the drive and visiting us. Enjoyed the stories and pics of your guns. Hope to see you again in the future.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I picked up 5 pounds of powder today. John’s Sports Center in Pittsburg, KS has about 30 different types of powders. Prices are $26-$30 per pound depending on the powder. Limit 2 pounds of any 1 type.

Sometimes traveling for work has its privileges.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      55.5 KB · Views: 360

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Large selection of powder at HoCo gunshow today , with $20something to $30something depending on powder . Didn't pay attention to Universal specifically , but they had good variety of Hogdons .

As noted , Universal was designed to be direct substitution for Unique, so you can backwards substitute .

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Large selection of powder at HoCo gunshow today , with $20something to $30something depending on powder . Didn't pay attention to Universal specifically , but they had good variety of Hogdons .

As noted , Universal was designed to be direct substitution for Unique, so you can backwards substitute .
    I was able to pickup 2 one pounders of Universal from Medusa Joe's, so I'm set for a while. But, Thanks!!!

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I was at Shydas this morning and surprised to see two 8lb jugs of Varget on the shelf. They still have Varget listed OOS on their web page,
    so guess you gotta go to know.. They had 5-6 1lb cans of 8208xbr and their general amount of 8lb jugs is about 40% of normal capacity.
    They did seem to have a 75-80% of normal capacity on 1lb jugs, so as mentioned before, I think 8lb jugs of any powder are going to become
    few and far between.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Stopped at Shenandoah sporting goods in toms Brooke va. They have 1lb jugs of varget $40. I grabbed some h335 for $32 a lb. Lots of the imr enduron powders.

floatingboy

Apr 19, 2014
    Lisbon, MD
    Getting some Accurate 2520. Willing to trade a pound of it for some large rifle primers. Or for a pound of IMR 4064. Will have a few extra pounds for sale too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom