• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    I see there is a "50 post minimum" required to post to the classifieds....while I understand the premise to keep gougers/scammers/minutemen trying to hawk crap..etc out ...some other forums I frequent have a post/ time as member minimum which is good for those that are just not Chatty Cathies and read more than post if they don't feel as they have anything constructive to add versus senseless posts just to get a high post count ...and may have an item they'd like to sell....just wondering if this forum might also have it and I just missed it...lol thanks in advance!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I see there is a "50 post minimum" required to post to the classifieds....while I understand the premise to keep gougers/scammers/minutemen trying to hawk crap..etc out ...some other forums I frequent have a post/ time as member minimum which is good for those that are just not Chatty Cathies and read more than post if they don't feel as they have anything constructive to add versus senseless posts just to get a high post count ...and may have an item they'd like to sell....just wondering if this forum might also have it and I just missed it...lol thanks in advance!

They don't have a time limit in addtion to the 50 post....However, the mods can and sometimes have taken action against those who are obviously posting just any old thing in order to reach 50 posts. The 50 posts are not just to allow classifieds use, but also to access the Water Cooler.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks guys....been here about 2 yrs...and as a resident of the prnj I post mostly in njgf...and in 5 yrs or so there I only have a little over 1k posts...guess the guys with 10k posts in a year just have a lot more free time or feel their opinions are VERY important..haha
    Since I had a friend in md with property and also travel to Md ranges I joined here to educate myself on the particulars of md law/transport etc and ask questions...but in the 2 yrs I've mostly read...guess I'll have to just start posting for the sake of posting lol

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    It really isn't that hard to get 50 posts. Just asking questions on things I don't understand helped add to my post count. I guess I'm a little dense.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Thanks guys....been here about 2 yrs...and as a resident of the prnj I post mostly in njgf...and in 5 yrs or so there I only have a little over 1k posts...guess the guys with 10k posts in a year just have a lot more free time or feel their opinions are VERY important..haha
    Since I had a friend in md with property and also travel to Md ranges I joined here to educate myself on the particulars of md law/transport etc and ask questions...but in the 2 yrs I've mostly read...guess I'll have to just start posting for the sake of posting lol

You're getting closer, now you only need 19.;)

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    We also want contributing members to the forum. Not just those that come here, get 50 or so posts, then post a bunch of crap to sell and are never seen or heard from again. I bet you Norton has a way to see who has come and gone after getting 50+ posts and then never posted again.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex

So where do you shoot at when you come to Marylandastan?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Question asked and answered.

(and, BTW.....posts in the Introduction forum don't count towards post counts :D)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom