Post Oct 1st: HQL's Used As a Barrier to Timely Releases?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    They'll just play games with the definition of "receipt"

Kind of like Utah does with their CCW applications. Their law says 60 days from receipt, they delay the intake date.

I'm sure Vinnie is sitting in a think tank with Frosh and Co. right now dreaming up ways to prolong the process.

Imagine the fun, first handgun purchase after Oct 1 is a double loop.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    It is also required to be completed in 30 days, per SB281:

Yes, IANAL and I realize that there are no penalties for the MDSP not following this law. However, unlike the 7-day disapproval process or the handgun permit section, this is not an open-ended, "we can get back to you whenever we feel like it" section. They must approve/deny within 30 days of receipt of the application.

WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING A PROPERLY COMPLETED APPLICATION, THE SECRETARY SHALL ISSUE TO THE APPLICANT:

"Shall Issue" bites Maryland in the @ss. Gotta love it!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    "Shall Issue" bites Maryland in the @ss. Gotta love it!

Quite interesting that they put a 30 day limit in the law passed in April, when the delay was already in the 60+ day timeframe.

Don't Livescans have expiration dates of 30 days?

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Quite interesting that they put a 30 day limit in the law passed in April, when the delay was already in the 60+ day timeframe.

Don't Livescans have expiration dates of 30 days?

If I recall, in April, they didn't think the surge would last too many months. They also expected the process to be automated/updated, making the new requirements easier to do in a shorter period of time. They were/are dreaming.

Someone asked me about the fingerprints and if they would be submitted to the FBI national database. I'm not so sure. Anyone know?

I rather thought that the fingerprint database would take up residency next to the spent shell casings they are storing.:rolleyes:

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    So you want to buy a gun. You apply for the handgun license; wait 30 days. (It's in the law.)
    Then you purchase the gun and wait 7 days. (also in the law.)

This is void if MSP doesn't follow the law.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This is the kind of BS that makes me confident in thinking that these laws will be struck down as null and void, one way or another.

This state is not lost and national trends are working in our favor. SB281 was a lost battle, but certainly not the war. It may take quite some time, but these asshats will not go on forever getting away with limiting 2A rights.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If I recall, in April, they didn't think the surge would last too many months. They also expected the process to be automated/updated, making the new requirements easier to do in a shorter period of time. They were/are dreaming.

Someone asked me about the fingerprints and if they would be submitted to the FBI national database. I'm not so sure. Anyone know?

I rather thought that the fingerprint database would take up residency next to the spent shell casings they are storing.:rolleyes:

Finger prints get submitted to CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System)

http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicinfo/publications/pdfs/CJIS/CJIS_CR_Primary_Services.pdf

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    It was just a 'promise'.

I promise I'll call.
    I promise to pull out.
    etc.

I've harbored no illusions that they have any intent to make this go smoothly.

The state has no problem dragging it out--in court if need be--as long as guns are not getting into anyone's hands. Well, anyone's hands LEGALLY. They are still under the illusion (delusion?) that restricting the law-abiding will be a feather in their crime statistics cap (whether there's any improvement or not).

If it doesn't bear out (which it won't), the policritters will change the criteria for the statistics to meet their lies. Either that, or they will change their BS about the intent of the law.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    He's confirming what many of us have thought all along.

All the contrivances of SB281 are being taken full advantage of, for Marylanders to have to jump through extra hoops and wait untold months for their legally purchased firearms.

A right delayed IS a right denied, and I think the door is open even wider to challenge this mess.

Which is a great reason why we should all get in line for HQL's. After following their process we should get together a class action law suit for making us get fingerprinted in order to utilize our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!! :mad54:

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Which is a great reason why we should all get in line for HQL's. After following their process we should get together a class action law suit for making us get fingerprinted in order to utilize our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!! :mad54:

I'm out. I already get fingerprinted for work (securities industry), so I would have much less standing.

Making me get an HQL to finally possess a weapon I paid for on 5/18? Now that's a suit I'll join.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Demarco is a pandering fool. He earns a living off of the unsupported fears of the ignorant and the deranged. Quite honestly, if we get away from a democrat governor, he will need to find a different job.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    They are still under the illusion (delusion?) that restricting the law-abiding will be a feather in their crime statistics cap (whether there's any improvement or not).

They are under no illusions. They knew full well when they passed SB281 that it will have no effect on MD crime statistics. That's their plan, so they can use SB281's failure to lower gun crime as an excuse to go for broader bans. An attempt by them to ban existing ownership/possession will not surprise me in the least. They started with the lowest-hanging fruit and they are going to work their way up the tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom