• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I must have missed a part of this but I'm not sure why a report was not filed with the police when Mr. Attitude kicked the vehicle...??? Yes... I would have escalated that part of "the deal".

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This entire thread is meh. People do not want UBC, but then worry about a straw man purchase based upon a "gut feeling". We are all for the 2A and free men having guns, until our gut tells us otherwise. The irony is thick, thick indeed.

OP, you coming here looking for a pat on the back by reporting on how you did your own UBC based on "da gut feeling"?

Only thing better would be if you donned a WWNC shirt this past legislative session.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Didn’t know I was dodging any questions brother but I’ll gladly answer why I am selling the M4A1. 1st, I am not made of money and the Rifle is sitting looking pretty in my safe. I cant convince myself to shoot it because I look at this rifle as an investment, not as the tool that it is intended to be. The problem is, I want the tool.

It is for that reason I decided to sell and build a combat rifle that I know will never have future value like an unfired colt typically does.

I have already purchased the Colt M4A1 SOCOM 14.5” barrel ($240).

Next I will buy the SOLWG upper and lower receiver, the VLTOR A5 buffer system, colt BCG and a quality upper and lower parts kit. I should still have enough money left over to go to a SOTAR course and learn how to properly build and accurazi it. And then! Well then I shoot the hell out of it!!!

Hold on...maybe I'm confusing you with someone else...Are you jrhzn's friend? (you better not be jrhzn's alias :nono:). Didn't we talk you into the Colt as the best value for an AR that would work right out of the box? And here you are not even taking it out of the box :rolleye12

Usually investments take a little time before you can get a good return. How much do you think you can sell a rifle you've kept in the box for a month or two for? It's neither the first nor the last Colt (yet)...so I really don't see how it has appreciated any collector value yet. :shrug: Or are you just trying to get out from under it?

The SOTAR class would always be a good investment. Selling a Colt, to finance piecing together a NotColt, then trying to SOTAR it into Colt quality just doesn't make sense to me :o

I am not really sure its an investment. If you hold it until President Warren signs the first gun control bill, it might go up in value. But Colt makes a bajillion of these, so then again maybe not. I say, just let 'er rip.
    :party29:Isn't that what it was made for? :gun2:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This entire thread is meh. People do not want UBC, but then worry about a straw man purchase based upon a "gut feeling". We are all for the 2A and free men having guns, until our gut tells us otherwise. The irony is thick, thick indeed.

OP, you coming here looking for a pat on the back by reporting on how you did your own UBC based on "da gut feeling"?

Only thing better would be if you donned a WWNC shirt this past legislative session.

giphy.gif

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Didn’t know I was dodging any questions brother but I’ll gladly answer why I am selling the M4A1. 1st, I am not made of money and the Rifle is sitting looking pretty in my safe. I cant convince myself to shoot it because I look at this rifle as an investment, not as the tool that it is intended to be. The problem is, I want the tool.

It is for that reason I decided to sell and build a combat rifle that I know will never have future value like an unfired colt typically does.

I have already purchased the Colt M4A1 SOCOM 14.5” barrel ($240).

Next I will buy the SOLWG upper and lower receiver, the VLTOR A5 buffer system, colt BCG and a quality upper and lower parts kit. I should still have enough money left over to go to a SOTAR course and learn how to properly build and accurazi it. And then! Well then I shoot the hell out of it!!!

Maybe you should have tried to sell it here, where you have some knowledge of the group. You seemed to be looking for a problem. The whole thread looks like a trolling exercise to get someone to recommend something illegal. Your post count is low. Hence the suspicion.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

This is rich coming from someone who has said he’s ok with UBC’s on multiple occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hold on...maybe I'm confusing you with someone else...Are you jrhzn's friend? (you better not be jrhzn's alias :nono:). Didn't we talk you into the Colt as the best value for an AR that would work right out of the box? And here you are not even taking it out of the box :rolleye12

Bingo. Couldn't remember the guy's MDS alias, but the timing and references sounded as if there might be a connection to the previous 6920HBPW recommendations to jrhzn.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Maybe you should have tried to sell it here, where you have some knowledge of the group. You seemed to be looking for a problem. The whole thread looks like a trolling exercise to get someone to recommend something illegal. Your post count is low. Hence the suspicion.

I thought it was listed here? I could have sworn I saw one over the weekend for sale for $1300 or so?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I thought it was listed here? I could have sworn I saw one over the weekend for sale for $1300 or so?
    I didn't see it, but I could have missed it. I would be worried the if I was selling something like that significantly above market value. I would be nervous with a face to face.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I didn't see it, but I could have missed it. I would be worried the if I was selling something like that significantly above market value. I would be nervous with a face to face.

I just remember thinking, the last thing I need to spend that kind of money on is another AR.

Especially when I don't shoot the ones I already have nearly enough.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House

You didn't miss it. It sold so it was taken down. And the price he was asking was perfectly fair; below "market value" in fact when you figure in availability, shipping, tax and transfer fees.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    OP, what made you worry about it being a straw sale? Just because his friend went ahead and looked at the rifle? I have had friends ask me what they thought about guns before buying them, and have told them that it looked good to me. Now, if they guy's friend was handing him cash to buy the gun, then that might be a flag. Plus, what did you do to ensure that the actual buyer was no prohibited? Would the friend not have passed the same sniff test even if the friend actually wanted to buy the gun?

Guessing you are in favor of UBC.

Not in favor of UBCs at all, quite the opposite. Ill never know if I was wright or wrong, I just know I made the right decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom