• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoccoRP87

Mar 22, 2013
    Hey guys,

Let me start this by saying I have very little experience zeroing scopes, I was trained old school with open sights.

That said, I recently picked up a fairly nice POSP 4x24 scope for my SGL-21. All the instructions were in Russian and I have gotten at least four or five different sets of instructions by searching online.

I was wholly unable to get the scope zeroed and on target whatsoever at 50 yards. I wasn't even hitting the target at 50 yards. As far as I can tell there are no issues with the side rail being canted or any issues with the scope mount. I know you can make adjustments both via the windage and elevation knobs as well as the black dials on top of the knobs, via loosening the screws. But no matter how much I played with it I simply gave up trying to get it on target after about 60 rounds.

I was hoping that someone with experience with POSP-type scopes could give me a bare-bones, idiot proof description of how they zero and use their scopes.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

RoccoRP87

Mar 22, 2013
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll give your method a try though it's similar to what I tried. The problem is that it's far enough off at 25 or 100 yards that I can't figure out what adjustments to make, I'm just guessing.

I was shooting without a spotter. I'll try a 100 yard zero with your description.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom