• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What will happen with the PO.

• Have firearm on the way - PO's dated on or before October 1, 2013, with assault weapon at dealer on

Votes: 2 7.7%
    • Have firearm on the way - PO's dated on or before October 1, 2013 will be able to pickup in 2015 or

Votes: 4 15.4%
    • No skin in the game - PO's dated on or before October 1, 2013, with assault weapon at dealer on or b

Votes: 8 30.8%
    • No skin in the game - PO's dated on or before October 1, 2013 will be able to pickup in 2015 or late

Votes: 3 11.5%
    • I have no opinion regarding the PO issue because it is confusing as heck.

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I know of several people--myself included--who are just buying [extra] lowers in advance, and then be done with it.

Well, you know I'm in that group and way ahead of you on them. lol

I am really about done with what I want. About to pick up the phone as soon as I finish this post and order a JP CTR-02 upper/lower combo and then talk to my wife tonight about a FN FNX-45 that I will buy on gunbroker over the weekend. That will be it for me for these categories of guns until about 2031.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I have 2 AR15's, 1 lower and possibly buying 1 more lower. Even if I don't, I have what I wanted to get before the bs ban so I don't have much input on picking up after 1 Oct.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Are we ignoring the licensing division notice or not?

Which opinion? The response to Getty's inquiry that says somebody may continue to possess an assault weapon if they have a PO in place on or before October 1, 2013? Sure, sounds good.

I think that opinion letter leaves out the dealer side of the equation, but have at it.

I want people's opinion based upon whatever knowledge they currently have.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    OK, so taking in to consideration:

is a lower that is released after October 1 able to be made in to an assault long gun? I have a PO for a lower, not specifically an assault long gun. Or will I only be able to build those in to a hbar?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    But is a lower that is released after October 1 able to be made in to an assault weapon? I have a PO for a lower, not specifically an assault weapon.

The receiver is the gun. That is why you have to pass the background check to get it. If it has a serial number it is the gun.

BTW I think anybody who's gun is not at their FFL br Oct 1 is in for a big surprise

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    The receiver is the gun. That is why you have to pass the background check to get it. If it has a serial number it is the gun.

BTW I think anybody who's gun is not at their FFL br Oct 1 is in for a big surprise

I know it's the gun, but it is an "assault long gun"? per the new maryland law? I could see the state arguing that a grandfathered gun was changed after the ban, and the new configuration is not legal if not made into a hbar.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    is a lower that is released after October 1 able to be made in to an assault long gun? I have a PO for a lower, not specifically an assault long gun. Or will I only be able to build those in to a hbar?

Why do we continue to have this discussion about receivers and frames almost every day.

An Assault Long Gun is defined as a "firearm" that is on the list of 40 banned firearms.

The key word here is "firearm" in the definition of Assault Long Gun.

(h) (1) “Firearm” means:
    (i) a weapon that expels, is designed to expel, or may readily be
    converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; or
    (ii) the frame or receiver of such a weapon.
    (2) “Firearm” includes a starter gun.

By definition, the lower receiver of an AR-15 is a firearm, and since it is to an AR-15, it is also an Assault Long Gun. Do NOT let the GUN in Assault Long Gun fool you into thinking that an Assault Long Gun, be definition, must be the entire gun.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Why do we continue to have this discussion about receivers and frames almost every day.

An Assault Long Gun is defined as a "firearm" that is on the list of 40 banned firearms.

The key word here is "firearm" in the definition of Assault Long Gun.

(h) (1) “Firearm” means:
    (i) a weapon that expels, is designed to expel, or may readily be
    converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; or
    (ii) the frame or receiver of such a weapon.
    (2) “Firearm” includes a starter gun.

By definition, the lower receiver of an AR-15 is a firearm, and since it is to an AR-15, it is also an Assault Long Gun. Do NOT let the GUN in Assault Long Gun fool you into thinking that an Assault Long Gun, be definition, must be the entire gun.

Thank you for clarifying it for me :)

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Which opinion? The response to Getty's inquiry that says somebody may continue to possess an assault weapon if they have a PO in place on or before October 1, 2013? Sure, sounds good.

I think that opinion letter leaves out the dealer side of the equation, but have at it.

I want people's opinion based upon whatever knowledge they currently have.

He's referring to the MSP bulletin that states that it doesn't have to be in dealer inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom