• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I've been told clay pigeons at the 100 yard line on the berm were ok. Is that true?

seen people done it.. they are ok with it.. as long its laying on the ground not duct taped to the target holders (especially on the post itself).

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    they make clay target holders for target shooting

would this work at the 100 yard mark?

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    they make clay target holders for target shooting

would this work at the 100 yard mark?

As long as there is no steel at all as part of the holder. I've seen them tell people who brought Thier own target stands to remove them because they had steel bars as a base

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I understand the safety aspect of the range but I think they take things a little far with some of them

Schoen

Oct 10, 2010
    mechanicsville MD
    No matter how strict the rules are they there for a reason .it says only paper targets and only use there stand . I know i wouldn't want to get fined if some one there was having a bad day or get kicked out.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I understand the safety aspect of the range but I think they take things a little far with some of them

No matter how strict the rules are they there for a reason .it says only paper targets and only use there stand . I know i wouldn't want to get fined if some one there was having a bad day or get kicked out.

Most of our ranges are hanging by a thread so any chance of a stray round leaving the range or an injury would potentially jeopardize their existence so any target that will not lead to the bullet directly impacting the backstop is not allowed. The target stands are designed specifically to keep the targets high enough that the bullet will not impact the ground before the backstop potentially ricocheting over the berm and causing the range to be closed permanently. All it takes is one insult to the genuinely challenged to ruin it for everybody so remember that you are responsible for every round you fire but we will all pay for any act of stupidity.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I am more talking about using the self healing targets you can get.
    The pose no more issues then using the target stands they have there now
    however they are more econamical and earth friendly.

it will reduce the amount of paper being used, reduce the ammount of trash and you can reuse it over and over

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I am more talking about using the self healing targets you can get.
    The pose no more issues then using the target stands they have there now
    however they are more econamical and earth friendly.

it will reduce the amount of paper being used, reduce the ammount of trash and you can reuse it over and over

that should be ok.. i think they only frown on anything steel that can recoche(sp?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom