• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Being new to MD shooting scene, is Guntry preferred over AGC because it is indoors? They are about the same distance from me personally, but I was trying to figure out why a lot of folks preferred Guntry over AGC (besides the membership requirement, maybe?)

I'm a member at both (Guntry and AGC). Since joining Guntry I've hardly been to AGC at all. I actually prefer shooting outside as well, but the convenience of Guntry is just too much.

No cease fire to set targets. Automated range so I can change distance on the fly and change targets as I please. And the RSOs aren't AHoles.

Guntry is just easier and I can focus 100 percent on shooting without worrying about anyone else at all.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I've been to the Guntry 100yrd. Rifle Range at least half a dozen times. Love the place but yes it is expensive.

Also prefer to shoot outside but the perks at Guntry are hard to turn down for me. They have 5 rifle lanes......5 times I was the only one shooting. Only one other time was another lane being used. RO's usually there. Completely temperature controlled. Automated yardage for targets which have their own light and can be basically set anywhere you want. There are video cameras at 50 and 100 yards. Each lane has an iPAD which enables you to see your target and ZOOM in on it. Excellent air handling system.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I'm a member at both (Guntry and AGC). Since joining Guntry I've hardly been to AGC at all. I actually prefer shooting outside as well, but the convenience of Guntry is just too much.

No cease fire to set targets. Automated range so I can change distance on the fly and change targets as I please. And the RSOs aren't AHoles.

Guntry is just easier and I can focus 100 percent on shooting without worrying about anyone else at all.

This is me to a tee. I'd also add it's 15 minutes away vs. 30+ for me. I've taken various classes there as well. Jason is a good instructor. I think a USAF vet.

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore

I definitely appreciate the comparison. I will have to give Guntry a try and see how that goes. Sounds very promising. I used to be a year member at Elite Shooting sports before Prince William County told us to GFYS when they made it a police only range after buying it :(

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

RSOs aren’t a-holes at AGC.
    Never been to Guntry but I’ve heard it’s very nice. I’ll stick with AGC and never have to wait for a lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Made me look .

The $25/hr for pistol range is typical , but be aware that a second person with you is extra $14 .

But yeah ( for commercial indoor ranges generally ) you have control over your own target , and don't have to twiddle thumbs waiting for a ceasefire .

You don't have to make a shop project out of building your own adjustable target stand .

But also , indeed outdoor is much better , both for the natural lighting , and for the accoustics .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom