• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Pops and I went to Guntry today and had a blast!

Nice clean range and nice professional staff.

Got to shoot a rifle and pistols on the same range. 25 yards. I know it was short for the rifle but it was convenient.

Highly recommended!

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    We popped in to scope out the store. Gun case was a little sparse.

It did look like a nice facility, similar to Heritage in Frederick only larger.

We didn’t get to shoot there.

I prefer active RSOs at public ranges instead of just having them looking through a window. We were not able to check out the situation there.

Last edited:

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    We popped in to scope out the store. Gun case was a little sparse.

It did look like a nice facility, similar to Heritage in Frederick only larger.

We didn’t get to shoot there.

I prefer active RSOs at public ranges instead of just having them looking through a window. We were not able to check out the situation there.
    I’ve only been once but there were workers in the lane area.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    It’s expensive, yes. But because of Guntry I’ve actually been able to shoot a lot more because I can reserve a lane a week in advance. At Hap Baker I always had to wait a very long while (last time was 2 hours) to get a rifle lane.

They offer training as well, which are pretty good. I try to go once a week.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    It’s expensive, yes. But because of Guntry I’ve actually been able to shoot a lot more because I can reserve a lane a week in advance. At Hap Baker I always had to wait a very long while (last time was 2 hours) to get a rifle lane.

They offer training as well, which are pretty good. I try to go once a week.
    just a hint, If you go to Hap Baker at 2:00 there's never a wait.

This message will self destruct in 10 minutes

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I definitely like the place. We have used the 100 yard indoor and the pistol ranges quite a few times. It’s nice during inclement weather to have a place to go when need an absolute good 100 yard zero.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I described it to my Masada customers as like a really fancy restaurant where you dump a ton of money. Quite a few people believe the quality is worth the premium- even if only for special occasions.
    Oh I go too. Just not as often as I would like. I would have to be really desperate to go back to Hap Baker at this point.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I took my wear and carry class there, very nice. Even though it is kinda expensive, the only thing that kept from joining was the ranges are not open until 1300, I am a morning person.

JoeCon

Apr 2, 2023
    Pasadena Md
    Pops and I went to Guntry today and had a blast!

Nice clean range and nice professional staff.

Got to shoot a rifle and pistols on the same range. 25 yards. I know it was short for the rifle but it was convenient.

Highly recommended!
    I heard that place is awesome

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I took my wear and carry class there, very nice. Even though it is kinda expensive, the only thing that kept from joining was the ranges are not open until 1300, I am a morning person.

I'm a member. Ranges open at 11am (though like you, I wish it were earlier).

There are usually two RSOs on each range (in the lane area, not behind glass). They are generally really helpful and professional when needed. Mostly they just keep an eye and leave you alone.

twenty5mafia

MDS Supporter
    May 27, 2023
    Baltimore
    Being new to MD shooting scene, is Guntry preferred over AGC because it is indoors? They are about the same distance from me personally, but I was trying to figure out why a lot of folks preferred Guntry over AGC (besides the membership requirement, maybe?)

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Being new to MD shooting scene, is Guntry preferred over AGC because it is indoors? They are about the same distance from me personally, but I was trying to figure out why a lot of folks preferred Guntry over AGC (besides the membership requirement, maybe?)
    Don't know.

Haven't been to AGC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom