• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    Why should he? Now we're going to be 5 pages deep of everyone throwing cabbage and carrots at him like a prisoner in the Common Wealth Realm 600 years ago about to get beheaded. LOL

Nobody is chucking vegetables at the guy. But to get satisfaction from the business wouldn't speaking or writing directly to the business owner make more sense than heading directly to the forum?

It's not like GC is Starbucks or something. He could have chosen to talk to the owner DIRECTLY. After that THEN create a thread if he was not satisfied.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Nobody is chucking vegetables at the guy. But to get satisfaction from the business wouldn't speaking or writing directly to the business owner make more sense than heading directly to the forum?

It's not like GC is Starbucks or something. He could have chosen to talk to the owner DIRECTLY. After that THEN create a thread if he was not satisfied.

I had rotten food chucked at me.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

I'm not about drama, but I can't speak for anyone else or their agenda on threads they create.

People really take the internet seriously? :lol2::D

XJscott

Mar 8, 2012
    Baltimore
    +1

And I would have shot Dan a PM before I made a thread. Just sayin'

I do agree this would have been a better choice but service like this really irritates me its happened a few times to me in the Jeep world but I posted this because I was irritated and wanted to see if anyone else had these experiences. All I've ever read about them is Great service over and over and was curious if anyone shared the same as mine, if the poor reviews were hidden under countless pages of great ones.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    I do agree this would have been a better choice but service like this really irritates me its happened a few times to me in the Jeep world but I posted this because I was irritated and wanted to see if anyone else had these experiences. All I've ever read about them is Great service over and over and was curious if anyone shared the same as mine, if the poor reviews were hidden under countless pages of great ones.

I hear you. At this point Dan has reached out already on this thread so at this point it's your choice to discuss it with him or leave it be.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.

Maybe being a new guy, maybe he didn't know that was the recommended process to follow? But, you know yourself what excellent service GC is known for, and Dan would be along and speak up. We all know Dan wants to do right by every person that walks through his door. Maybe the guy at GC said it, maybe he didn't, maybe he was having an off day. We all know that is not the norm or what is expected.

I truly believe that GC feels today's browser is tomorrow's buyer.

fordtruck317

Apr 9, 2011
    Middle River
    In the past, I have had a dissatisfied experience there.( special circumstances on paperwork and I can respect their position) I didn't post anything but I did go back and gave them a second chance. Great service ever since. I work I'm retail and understand some people have off days. Give them a second chance and you will see.30 seconds isn't enough to pass judgement.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Give Dan a chance to make it right and then post your follow-up good or bad. I'd be very surprised if it was another bad experience.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=78082
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=42945
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1241412
    I've had nothing but great experiences there. Outside of the shop, i've shot with dan and his family at delta on their woods walk course. I'm willing to drive 40 minutes and even pay a bit more for some things to give him business and get the customer service he provides. I bet if you head back in, you'll leave feeling taken care of.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I've bought a few guns from Gun Connection and have had positive experiences. Everyone has some bad days, even in customer service, however Dan is the kind of guy who does his best to treat his customers well. Talk to him and give him the opportunity to make it right before making a judgement one way or another.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland

Not sure if you've read all the posts in this thread, but Dan at Gun Connection asked you to reach out to him. He's a great guy. Give him the opportunity to make it right.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Not sure if you've read all the posts in this thread, but Dan at Gun Connection asked you to reach out to him. He's a great guy. Give him the opportunity to make it right.

+1. Give 'em another shot. Maybe they were having a bad day or just really busy.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have purchased all my NEW guns from GC. They have always treated me with the utmost respect and have helped me more than I expected. He reached out to you to make it right. Definitely give them a chance, you will not be disappointed.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    XJscott and I have exchanged some PM's and I believe that we worked everything out. I would like to say that I appreciate both the positive and the negative comments. It's hard to know about things, good or bad, if nobody speaks up.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Blue Falcon

Oct 21, 2010
    Ceciltucky
    Today I went out looking to buy my first AR-15, I heard from some friends and members on the site that Gun Connection was a good place to deal with, very helpful and knowledgeable. I am 18 and im looking for my first AR-15, i called the shop last week about what HBAR AR-15's they sell and we talked about the Windham HBAR which they were currently out of stock but expected more in shortly. The store was very helpful and nice over the phone but when I came in today it was the complete opposite, I talked to a man behind the counter for not even 30 seconds. The conversation went as following Me: "Hello i was wondering if you had any Windham HBAR AR-15's available?" Employee: "No" Me: "any idea when you will have more in stock?" Employee: "Easy question No idea.. Next in line?" This treatment pissed me off and i then walked out hearing laughter behind me. I know they can deny anyone they choose but the way they choose to do so was just rude. I understand why they did so but if they just talked to me and realized im not some random punk kid and that I am an 18 year old eagle scout that will be joining the army next summer.

Has anyone else had poor experience with this store? Also could anyone recommend some other gun shops around Baltimore with helpful staff?

I'm considering calling them tomorrow and expressing myself because they have good prices and are fairly close but the service was horrible in my experience.
    I only buy my guns from GC. Maybe you should talk to Dan the owner before flaming him on the forum. I know it gets busy in there from time to time so sometimes it's hard for the employees to give you 100% of their attention.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    XJscott and I have exchanged some PM's and I believe that we worked everything out. I would like to say that I appreciate both the positive and the negative comments. It's hard to know about things, good or bad, if nobody speaks up.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Damn Dan, makes me want to buy something from you, just ain't got the money...yet. I am looking for an upper though...may be by to see you and the crew.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    +1 Dan at Gun Connection is the man you want to see. He always has a good selection of ARs on hand.

EDIT Just saw your correction. Who at GC did you talk to? I've never had a problem there.

I have not been in there too many times since I already have a "home" store I deal with, but I will say Dan is a hell of a guy. Whenever I have been there, he has been nothing but helpful, courteous, and polite. Doesn't even seem to give talking down to someone a thought. He's an A1 guy. The kid in there seems to be a different story though if that's who you were dealing with. I'm not sure how old he is but it wouldn't surprise me if that's who you got that treatment from. I didn't think much of him, but I wouldn't let him turn me off of the shop. Whenever I do make it down there to pick some more stuff up, I would just avoid him if I could. That's just me experience. Like I said, Dan is a hell of a guy, even though I have only bought one thing from him so far, I intend to go back at some point.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I only buy my guns from GC. Maybe you should talk to Dan the owner before flaming him on the forum. I know it gets busy in there from time to time so sometimes it's hard for the employees to give you 100% of their attention.

I don't think he was trying to flame him, just frustrated at what was the total opposite of what he was expecting after hearing rave reviews on here. You are right though, everybody has a bad day now and again. I am not a fanboy of any particular place but I have been to Dan's shop a few times. Sometimes it has been crowded and sometimes not. I have always gotten every question answered, even if I had to be a little patient for it. Like I said, they really care about the customer and his experience there. They know folks vote with their dollars, at least both parties had a chance to have their say and it is on the way to being resolved.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    from the other thread it fits here too .............

Ive never been treated better in any shop Ive been to .

And they treat my father great which means more to me then anything . Dan fixed a mount for him that he bought somewhere else and didn't charge him a thing .

Hell Dan rebuilt one of my ARs for me . He stayed late to do it when he had plans with his family , I would have gladly left it with him over night . I tried giving him extra cash on top of it for staying late and he wouldn't have it . Not to mention cut me a hell of a deal on the parts I bought .

Hell Harry gave me pizza while Dan was putting it together and the younger guy offered me cake .

He sends me emails when they get in old stuff dad likes .

And they let my son blow up their bathroom ........Which again , I apologize for that .

Top notch service !!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom