• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

XJscott

Mar 8, 2012
    Baltimore
    Today I went out looking to buy my first AR-15, I heard from some friends and members on the site that Gun Connection was a good place to deal with, very helpful and knowledgeable. I am 18 and im looking for my first AR-15, i called the shop last week about what HBAR AR-15's they sell and we talked about the Windham HBAR which they were currently out of stock but expected more in shortly. The store was very helpful and nice over the phone but when I came in today it was the complete opposite, I talked to a man behind the counter for not even 30 seconds. The conversation went as following Me: "Hello i was wondering if you had any Windham HBAR AR-15's available?" Employee: "No" Me: "any idea when you will have more in stock?" Employee: "Easy question No idea.. Next in line?" This treatment pissed me off and i then walked out hearing laughter behind me. I know they can deny anyone they choose but the way they choose to do so was just rude. I understand why they did so but if they just talked to me and realized im not some random punk kid and that I am an 18 year old eagle scout that will be joining the army next summer.

Has anyone else had poor experience with this store? Also could anyone recommend some other gun shops around Baltimore with helpful staff?

I'm considering calling them tomorrow and expressing myself because they have good prices and are fairly close but the service was horrible in my experience.

Last edited:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Welcome to MDS. Look at our IP section. Reputable shops that have great customer service and provide discounts to forum members. My recommendations through personal experience are Scotts Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie, Shooters Discount in Mt. Airy, Bollinger Gunsmithing in Taneytown, and High Rock Outfitters in Hanover PA. All are roughly within an hours drive and great people.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Extra special surprising. I wonder if there's more to this story because this is literally the first negative review of GC I've ever heard. Customer service is why GC gets so many referrals and as much return business as they do.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    You should give Gun Connection, in White Marsh, a try. They won't treat you like that.

+1 Dan at Gun Connection is the man you want to see. He always has a good selection of ARs on hand.

As for Continental, I've never had a real bad experience like that there. I just think they can be a bit coarse sometimes just because of the large number of idiots they get in there. They have nearly every handgun on the market available to rent there, so it's the place to go if you want to try before you buy.

EDIT Just saw your correction. Who at GC did you talk to? I've never had a problem there.

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    GC? That place has always had the finest retail service I have ever seen. Followed closely by the Gun Shop. My best non shop experience is with Gary at High Rock Outfitters. I wonder what else was going on.

XJscott

Mar 8, 2012
    Baltimore
    +1 Dan at Gun Connection is the man you want to see. He always has a good selection of ARs on hand.

As for Continental, I've never had a real bad experience like that there. I just think they can be a bit coarse sometimes just because of the large number of idiots they get in there. They have nearly every handgun on the market available to rent there, so it's the place to go if you want to try before you buy.

EDIT Just saw your correction. Who at GC did you talk to? I've never had a problem there.

Im not sure who it was like i said didn't last more then 30 seconds all i know was he was a big guy. I was surprised by this i heard so many good things and was looking forward to doing business with them. Im going to call tomorrow though because I really want to get into shooting and from the phone call i had with them last weak I was liking what I was hearing.
    Im hoping If I tell them a little about who I am and my experience today I can do business with them but right now im still hesitant on that because of how i was treated.

like I said i understand why they probably treated me like that (young adult age 18) but rudeness like that really pisses me off.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I have had good experiences at Gun Connection. If you'd rather not go back, you could try FreeState. They're off Rte. 43, heading towards Martin State Airport. I don't know if that's White Marsh, but if not, it's very close.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Windham HBAR AR-15's available?" Also could anyone recommend some other gun shops around Baltimore with helpful staff?
    I'm considering calling them tomorrow and expressing myself because they have good prices and are fairly close but the service was horrible in my experience.

That's a poor first experience, never been there, but I would be hard pressed to spend in the ballpark of $1000 or more at a place with that kind of treatment. Perhaps you got the one jerk in the joint and a follow-up call to a manager might solve things?

If you're looking specifically for a Windham, I saw some at the Gun Rack in Burtonsville late last week, definatley looked like he was a dealer. They're not an IP on here, but I've had good service from them over the years. You could always give them a call and at least get a price quote.

Of the IP's on the list, my only buying experience is with 2A in Elkridge. Small shop, great service, you might give Mark a call and see if he could order one. He usually has AR's in stock, but whatever he has usually moves fast. Can't say that I've seen a Windham there, but he may be able to get them.

jeff7457

Apr 18, 2010
    I find this hard to believe. I've spent a lot of time and money in that place. Dan and crew try very hard to make every customer happy.

gunconnection

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2008
    Today I went out looking to buy my first AR-15, I heard from some friends and members on the site that Gun Connection was a good place to deal with, very helpful and knowledgeable. I am 18 and im looking for my first AR-15, i called the shop last week about what HBAR AR-15's they sell and we talked about the Windham HBAR which they were currently out of stock but expected more in shortly. The store was very helpful and nice over the phone but when I came in today it was the complete opposite, I talked to a man behind the counter for not even 30 seconds. The conversation went as following Me: "Hello i was wondering if you had any Windham HBAR AR-15's available?" Employee: "No" Me: "any idea when you will have more in stock?" Employee: "Easy question No idea.. Next in line?" This treatment pissed me off and i then walked out hearing laughter behind me. I know they can deny anyone they choose but the way they choose to do so was just rude. I understand why they did so but if they just talked to me and realized im not some random punk kid and that I am an 18 year old eagle scout that will be joining the army next summer.

Has anyone else had poor experience with this store? Also could anyone recommend some other gun shops around Baltimore with helpful staff?

Please PM or call me so we can talk. I did not come in on time today, so I missed this. I am sorry if you received poor service from one of my employees. I will speak to my guys today in regards to this. I do not tolerate poor service or poor attitude!
    Sorry,
    Dan

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Why should he? Now we're going to be 5 pages deep of everyone throwing cabbage and carrots at him like a prisoner in the Common Wealth Realm 600 years ago about to get beheaded. LOL

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Extra special surprising. I wonder if there's more to this story because this is literally the first negative review of GC I've ever heard. Customer service is why GC gets so many referrals and as much return business as they do.

You missed my negative comment about Gun Connection, but then, it was some time ago. IIRC, the reactions weren't quite so thoughtful and considerate. Maybe that's because GC hadn't yet built up the excellent reputation it enjoys now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom