• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    Is that Poly Tech 84s/ spiker 556 was banned or good to go in MD. Anyone can know? Thanks in advance:lol2:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    From what little I know about MD current laws. I believe its good to go.

ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018
    Had one some years ago. Came with 7 30 rounders. There were a number of different capacity mags made for it. I found a bunch more at the gun shows. People did not know what they were for. They are based on the AK-47 mags while the other 223 mags are based in the AK-74 mags, IIRC. Take a close look at the mag and you should be able to easily ID them.

Mine was quite accurate. It did not like the steel case ammo. Stuck in the chamber. Had to go all brass but that really isnt a problem. Polishing the chamber did not work.

Had a couple of 223 AK mags from ProMag. Worked perfectly and fit better than the stock mags. If worse comes to worse, try them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    (non legal opinion) you should be ok. You are hunting for a fairly hard to find gun, its one that has been sitting on my list for a while.

I have the under folder, frankly then only reason I would go with a Poly/Norinco over a SLR106 is if you want either an under folder or a spiker. Otherwise you will have overall better performance with the others.

Dont underestimate the cost of buying mags, not cheap. Not impossible to find and very durable but expensive. Unless you luck into some in a gunshow mixed box you are looking at $100+ in a friendly state. Also be wary of missing parts, mine came without a cleaning rod and it has been hard than I expected to track one down.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    What I want is a standard rifle Type 81 either fixed stock or folding. Anyone have one they want to trade for my FG42, hit me up.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    You guys are killing me with no PolyTech Pics.

Thread save??? This is a DOUBLE underfolder.
    Those AK guys know how to make weapons!!!

aDKAKZul.jpg

I apologize, the pic should be brighter - so - LOOT my house!!

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    And that is one of 2 AKs loaded upstairs.. the ARs are downstairs, woman prefers the
    - John Wayne" - as she calls it - the Ruger GP100 4" stainless is her weapon.
    Bought it from where Engage used to be in Kensington, in like 1990 or so.
    Bought a shotgun from them as well when I was very young and was surprised I could walk out with it.
    1990 or so. $100 Winchester model 50, still have it. Shot alot of dove with that shotgun.

I can hit a golf ball to that store now, that's how close I am. Callaway driver, no shank!!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You guys are killing me with no PolyTech Pics.

Thread save??? This is a DOUBLE underfolder.
    Those AK guys know how to make weapons!!!

aDKAKZul.jpg

I apologize, the pic should be brighter - so - LOOT my house!!

Damn nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom