• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant
    Unlicensed Gun Dealers, being: Those private individuals who routinely sell multiple firearms as part of "a business," without having an FFL.

POLL:

Should Unlicensed Gun Dealers, be permitted to operate without an FFL?

Yes/No/Why?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It's a tough question. I do think there is a point where it does become a business; and should be an FFL.

I think it comes down to intent. Is your intent to go and sell a few guns you don't need? Is your intent to sell some guns to buy new guns? Or is your intent to sell as many guns as possible and make as much money as possible?

It's a grey area.

~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant
    It's a tough question. I do think there is a point where it does become a business; and should be an FFL.

I think it comes down to intent. Is your intent to go and sell a few guns you don't need? Is your intent to sell some guns to buy new guns? Or is your intent to sell as many guns as possible and make as much money as possible?

It's a grey area.

This would be in reference to those who sell quantities of firearms for a profit.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'm a collector....so I buy, trade, and sell. I shouldn't need a FFL. Guns I sell go back into my collection and not for profit.

(I have my C&R and Collector Status)

The guns you sell go back into your collection???? care to clarify that?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I think the entire '68 GCA needs to be repealed...problem solved.

We did just fine for almost 200 years prior without it

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

It's a grey area.

Actually it is very black and white - "...with the principle objective of livelihood and profit...".

jpk has the proper thinking on this subject. Although I do agree with some sort of process that is minimally intrusive to upstanding citizens and keeps violent criminals from purchasing firearms.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Unlicensed Gun Dealers, being: Those private individuals who routinely sell multiple firearms as part of "a business," without having an FFL.

POLL:

Yes/No/Why?

Yes. All dealers should be permitted to operate without an FFL. This term "unlicensed dealers" is problematic though, persons privately selling arms within a state that does not regulate such sales most certainly should not need federal licensing to engage in trade within their state. The federal government should not ever be involved in private affairs within a state.

It's a grey area.

Why should gun dealers be federally licensed at all?

Cars are equally deadly weapons (perhaps more so when one considers most automotive deaths are accidental) and car dealers are not federally licensed. What about dealers of knives, swords, machetes, etc? Certainly these are deadly weapons, why are they not federally licensed?

What does federal licensing really accomplish? The illusion of control that the government is somehow regulating the sales and movement of firearms. Are you kidding me? It is regulating the sales and movement of legitimate firearms in normal business owned by law abiding citizens and promoting control and surveillance of those individuals who play by the rules.

Next we'll need federal licensing for machine tools, like lathes and milling machines... but we can't stop there, you'll need a background check to buy a f'ing dremel tool before it's all over.

No, the idea of federal regulation of firearms is unconstitutional except as a matter of INTERSTATE or FOREIGN commerce, and even there, the need for regulation does not exist. As JPK said, repeal the GCA, and for good measure, I'll add repeal the NFA as well.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    private individuals who routinely sell multiple firearms as part of "a business," without having an FFL.

QUOTE]

Like it or not, that violates Federal law. We aren't going to convert alot of the "undecideds" by openly advocating that someone break federal law, that only adds fuel to the Brady's fire. If we can get GCA '68 overturned, great!, until then we need to operate within it.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I buy stuff I like and occasionally if it is just a really good deal.
    I sell stuff I am bored with or that has appreciated in value beyond my wish to keep it.
    As my safe gets closer to capacity I move stuff out before I can move new toys in.
    I do the same with my other collection, books, but no one seems to care about that.

mscdex

Feb 9, 2010
    Chevy Chase
    I know this may not be the popular opinion but I think ffl is important. I can think of many friends who should not have a gun and should not sell them. Having a ffl is like having a business license where you are held liable for your actions when selling to the public. I do think that getting an ffl should not require a physical place of business. In this age of online stores, people should be able to get an ffl and form their own online business.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I know this may not be the popular opinion but I think ffl is important. I can think of many friends who should not have a gun and should not sell them. Having a ffl is like having a business license where you are held liable for your actions when selling to the public. I do think that getting an ffl should not require a physical place of business. In this age of online stores, people should be able to get an ffl and form their own online business.

It's nothing like having a business license, if you had ever had one, you might realize that. It's far more restrictive than a "business license", which also does little public good other than creating a list of people for the government to extort regularly for money.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Anyone heard of this ?

FFL123

FFL Guide $39.99
    Class III Guide $39.99
    2in1 Combo $54.99

Scam or what ? A coworker of mine down in NC ordered the combo and said it was pretty comprehensive. I don't know if he ever got his FFL as a result.

Attachments

• FFL123.JPG
      FFL123.JPG
      6.5 KB · Views: 465

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

POLL:

Yes/No/Why?

@OP: You do understand that the law already requires anyone engaging in the business of dealing in firearms to have an FFL, correct? I'm not being snarky, it sounds from your post like maybe you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom