• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I just got this the other day..
    Did a search for other threads but didnt find much.
    Refinished type 3 with no takedown lever. Aftermarket grips.
    everywhere i read they say these are great shooters.. does anyone have any experience with these?
    1290644142.jpg

1290642472.jpg

and the little nazi eagle next to the patent no. at least thats what i read it is.
    1290644145.jpg

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Congrats on the pickup. From all the research I've done on them they are considered one of the best semi-auto pistols ever designed. Let us know how it shoots, unless you're putting it straight in the safe! :)

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    I cant put this in the safe.. It must get out to the range.
    ESS, your grandfathers is original right? I was reading that some late war versions came with the wooden grips like on yours? at least thats what i think they were saying after production moved to Austria?
    And this pistol is the best deal I tink i have gotten yet.. Some guy labeled it as a radom p-35 on gunbroker and didnt have it in the C&r listings.. i was going to pick up a p-38, but saw this listing that was viewed very few times, and ended up getting it to my door for $220.
    I think i did ok with it...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    At $220 you stole it. Good find. Yours is a Type 3 which doesn't have the take-down lever or shoulder stock slot. If it has import marks then it's probably a Russian Capture example.
    Late war Steyr production Radoms are usually found with horizontal grooved wood grips. Can't tell from the photos if yours is Steyr or Radom marked. The grips you have now are not std production. Original Steyr wood grips are a bit tough to find (don't know if anyone's reproducing these) but reproduction Radom black or brown plastic grips are readily available for around $35.
    They're good shooters and as you'd expect feel a lot like a M1911. I've had feed problems that were magazine related but that can happen with any auto-loader.

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    I just got this the other day..
    Did a search for other threads but didnt find much.
    Refinished type 3 with no takedown lever. Aftermarket grips.
    everywhere i read they say these are great shooters.. does anyone have any experience with these?
    1290644142.jpg

1290642472.jpg

and the little nazi eagle next to the patent no. at least thats what i read it is.
    1290644145.jpg

these are Nazi acceptace stamps,when the Nazi's invaded Poland Sept 1 1939 they took over production of all factories including weapons factories.These are refered to as occupation pistols.Browning High Powers and Fn 1922's also were taken over.Yours also appears to have been re-blued.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    The grips are aftermarket, it took me a day to take it apart because i didnt realize the grips covered the edge of the slide catch and wouldnt let it come out. Now that I got it apart I found another eagle right on the barrel.
    For a 9mm this thing feels tough, i mean it just feels sturdy in my hand. When comparing it to my hi-power it feels like it can handle so much more abuse. I dont know if that is true, it just feels like a much tougher build.
    I saw that original mags are going like 150 a piece! thats nuts. but i also saw a company the other day that is making some for like $30. So i might have to pick a couple up and see if they are any good. if i can ever find that site again.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    So i took it out to cresap on sunday. I thought I cleaned and checked everything, ran 2 mags flawlwss. feels great in the hand, very little recoil, great pistol.
    Then fte after fte, got fed up and put it away.
    got home to look at extractor, didnt see an obvious problem, so tried to take extractor out, it was lodged in the pistol. after an hour of working it out found the whole extractor was full of cosmoline.
    not a spot of cosmo anywhere on the pistol, but the extractor was just bathed in it.
    i hope that solves the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom