• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Russ, if you shoot a group of five rounds, and 4 are about 1MOA, but the last one is 2-3 MOA; would you still consider that a 3 MOA rifle? Not being a smarta$$, just wondering how someone who is a very accurate shooter thinks about this. Personally I can almost never seem to get consistent groupings. At least one will be a flyer. I generally consider the gun to be 1 MOA if it tends to shoot that; and think of the flyers as ammo/shooter related. (Not that I'm generally capable of shooting 1MOA, lol. Just using that as an example.)

4 shots into one hole and the fifth is 3 inches off is a 3moa group. Flyers are part of the group unless you call them before checking impact and even then that's not entirely true. Good 3 shot groups are easy and statistically not a true indicator. Most have accepted the 5 shot group as a standard.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    Yowza...$1300 for that rifle is way high. Granted I'm sure the importer sets the price, but give me one in the correct configuration with the top rail and folder and I'll think about paying that price.

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    OP, do you work for Atlantic? I see you pushing these on several forums.

I do testing and sometimes some film work for Atlantic ... I usually Bump things I have worked on that I think are interesting or I had a lot of fun with .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom