• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Well if you missed out on these you might be lucky. Several guys on Arfcom picked theirs up today and feedback has been 100% negative. No rifle sights, no sling, much rougher than pictured. I haven’t seen what they sent me but expectations are super low.

ETA:
    Appears what was shipped was guns from the batch in the OP which are still good but not quite as nice as what they pictured. For me the biggest miss is the lack of rifle sights. I would have passed had I known there was a chance of getting bead sights.

IMG_9144.jpeg

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Just found out the gun they sent me is a bead sight version. I haven’t even seen it but I’m sending it back. Super pissed at SOS right now for the bait and switch.

ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    Bead sight for me too. Ugh. I have contacted SOS to arrange for return and I am waiting for a response.

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Bead site for me too. Ugh. I have contacted SOS to arrange for return and I am waiting for a response.

On Reddit they said they are aware of the issue and are working with people to make it right. Not sure if it’s less brain damage to return it or just take a partial refund.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    On Reddit they said they are aware of the issue and are working with people to make it right. Not sure if it’s less brain damage to return it or just take a partial refund.
    If the price difference was substantial I'd keep the bead. But the rifle sights are preferable.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Bead sight for me too. Ugh. I have contacted SOS to arrange for return and I am waiting for a response.

I got a call from one of the high up marketing guys from SOS. He apologized and explained the situation. They got in two distinct batches of 11-87s from two different departments at the same time under the same product number which caused a mix up in the warehouse. They only had 10 of the rifle sight guns, and 50 or so of the beads.

He offered to let me return it for a full refund or keep it and take a partial refund. I opted for the partial refund just to be done with it. I figured that would be easier than making my FFL deal with the hassle of actually sending it back. I’ll probably immediately consign depending on how it grabs me when I see it. Maybe I’ll clean it up and fondle it for a few weeks before selling.

I would have rather just got the rifle sight gun but unfortunately that isn’t an option.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I got a call from one of the high up marketing guys from SOS. He apologized and explained the situation. They got in two distinct batches of 11-87s from two different departments at the same time under the same product number which caused a mix up in the warehouse. They only had 10 of the rifle sight guns, and 50 or so of the beads.

He offered to let me return it for a full refund or keep it and take a partial refund. I opted for the partial refund just to be done with it. I figured that would be easier than making my FFL deal with the hassle of actually sending it back. I’ll probably immediately consign depending on how it grabs me when I see it. Maybe I’ll clean it up and fondle it for a few weeks before selling.

I would have rather just got the rifle sight gun but unfortunately that isn’t an option.
    Let me know the net price on the bead gun. If it's in budget I'll snag it from you. Not to purposeful cut Brian out of a free but it'd save you

This makes the bold assumption you don't hate me and are interested in such a potential arrangement. If not then feel free to tell me to go blow

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Let me know the net price on the bead gun. If it's in budget I'll snag it from you. Not to purposeful cut Brian out of a free but it'd save you

This makes the bold assumption you don't hate me and are interested in such a potential arrangement. If not then feel free to tell me to go blow

Well I hate everyone but I have no extra animosity towards you :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Oh and I mentioned on my chat with him that I can’t be too mad at SOS over this considering they sent me two nice Ohio National Guard Wingmasters. He said the owners of the company are still kicking themselves over the pricing that those guns went out at. I don’t blame them…

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Oh and I mentioned on my chat with him that I can’t be too mad at SOS over this considering they sent me two nice Ohio National Guard Wingmasters. He said the owners of the company are still kicking themselves over the pricing that those guns went out at. I don’t blame them…
    Lol all those years later

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A little background from Arfcom on these 11-87s:

I read yours posts and looked at the photos. These shotguns appear to be the 100+ Toledo Police Remington 11-87's that were traded in. I can give you a little more information about them. I served with Toledo for 33 years. I was there when we received these. The year was 1995. They were a great improvement over the 870's that they replaced. They had bead sights and cloth shotgun shell holders on the stock. From 1995-2023, these shotguns were issued on average of three times per day. At the beginning of each shift, the shotgun was loaded and placed in the rack or trunk of the vehicles. At the end of each shift, the guns were unloaded via the bottom loading port and returned to the desk sergeant who inspected them. The shotguns never failed to fire when needed. Each officer qualified each year with the Remington 11-87. If the shotgun has a sticker that says SP on it; then that shotgun was assigned to the Scott Park Precinct. Prior to that, the shotguns had three digit stickers that denoted the unit number that it was assigned to. If memory serves correctly, the yellow stickers denoted shotguns assigned to the range. I have a mint 11-87 that I purchased back in the 90's.

msinc

Mar 12, 2010
    Wow!!! Interesting!!! I never knew Remington ever made a "police" 11-87......now I have to spend more money!! I collect police and military shotguns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom