• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nejer9

Sweet lil girl w/ a Gun
    Jan 17, 2009
    Bel Air, MD HarCo
    Sadly I did not pass, but fortunately I have another month to get up to par to re-test on June 7th, I flunked out of the sit-ups.... Boo...But on a happier note I am very proud of the job I did on the Push ups!

Unfortunately all 3 females (including my self) were cut along with a few others in the push up/sit up test. And a number of people didn't even get past the pre screening survey at the very start.... there must have been a lot of drug users/trouble makers in the bunch...

I am very thankful for the re-test and I am confident with another month of training I can knock out the test with no problem or hesitation. ;)

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Good luck with the re-test. Do you have someone to help push you to get ready?

twtyrant

Jan 7, 2009
    Luke AFB
    Passed the written. Don't know my scores. I lost my social security card and birth certificate, so I need to figure out how I can get them within the next week. The big blue book is due next Sunday and I have so much going on because it's also finals week. Let the most stressful part of my life begin.

Also, found out that there are only 10 positions open. How can an academy only have 10 people?

Nejer9

Sweet lil girl w/ a Gun
    Jan 17, 2009
    Bel Air, MD HarCo
    Passed the written. Don't know my scores. I lost my social security card and birth certificate, so I need to figure out how I can get them within the next week. The big blue book is due next Sunday and I have so much going on because it's also finals week. Let the most stressful part of my life begin.

Also, found out that there are only 10 positions open. How can an academy only have 10 people?

Congrats!

How was the written? Only 10 spots for LEO, Wow I thought for sure it would be more then that!

twtyrant

Jan 7, 2009
    Luke AFB
    The written was surprisingly difficult. You have 20 minutes to answer 20 math questions, 25 minutes to answer 25 reading comprehension questions, and 20 minutes to answer the last section of 20 questions (using correct words in sentences and identifying misspelled words). The math was the most difficult. I haven't done long division in a while and some of the questions were extensive.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

THe academy is opened to other agenices....HdGPD, BAPD, APD, CecilCoSO etc. By the time its started you'll have about 20 in.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    My dream job is in law enforcement. Right now I'm way too out of shape to even think about it so I need to get a serious grip on that and then I'll be trying for some MD LEO position for certain.

I'm curious...how much of a killer is it to have no or very little college? I mean I realize its not a requirement, but I'm sure they get a lot of apps from people with college experience.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    My dream job is in law enforcement. Right now I'm way too out of shape to even think about it so I need to get a serious grip on that and then I'll be trying for some MD LEO position for certain.

I'm curious...how much of a killer is it to have no or very little college? I mean I realize its not a requirement, but I'm sure they get a lot of apps from people with college experience.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Nejer9

Sweet lil girl w/ a Gun
    Jan 17, 2009
    Bel Air, MD HarCo
    The written was surprisingly difficult. You have 20 minutes to answer 20 math questions, 25 minutes to answer 25 reading comprehension questions, and 20 minutes to answer the last section of 20 questions (using correct words in sentences and identifying misspelled words). The math was the most difficult. I haven't done long division in a while and some of the questions were extensive.

Yikes!! I'm awful at math and spelling for that matter!! I better start getting my math on!!

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    I am very very bad at math and and spelling, but passed 2 LE tests (not with flying colors though). But multiple choice gives you a good chance of guessing the answer if you can narrow it down to two choices.

Nejer9

Sweet lil girl w/ a Gun
    Jan 17, 2009
    Bel Air, MD HarCo
    I am very very bad at math and and spelling, but passed 2 LE tests (not with flying colors though). But multiple choice gives you a good chance of guessing the answer if you can narrow it down to two choices.

Thanks!! That makes things a little less stressful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom