Police: Craigslist robbery goes awry as buyer, seller come armed..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    This makes me want to sell my home and get the fk out of here, I hate this state so much! I would hope MSI helps this women out.

Best quote:
    "We understand that this was a terrifying, frightening situation, but when you fire a gun into the air, you become part of the problem," Guglielmi said of the female victim in Monday's Bolton Hill attack. "The best thing to is to be a good witness and call the police."

Ummm...WTF....Part of the problem? Wonder what he would have done if it were him and the BAD Guy (or as they say in Maryland "the victim") would have shot his wife?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-06-19/news/bs-md-ci-bolton-hill-shooting-craigslist-20120619_1_craigslist-robbery-craigslist-ad-city-police

Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Craigslist seems like a pretty good resource for armed robbers. They tell their victims how much money to bring and when/where to bring it!

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    "Police said she did not have a permit to carry the weapon."

Gee, no kidding, her application is probably being sat on...
    Yeah...this should be the poster-child for reform. She is being charged while the criminal walks free $4000 richer. Good job Hippies!

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    I am not saying that the couple should have been robbed; I am glad they were able to defend themselves.

But the wife probably shouldn't fire into the air... bullets have to come down.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    "We understand that this was a terrifying, frightening situation, but when you fire a gun into the air, you become part of the problem," Guglielmi said of the female victim in Monday's Bolton Hill attack. "The best thing to is to be a good witness victim and call the police."

Fixed it to show what they really mean.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Good luck getting another handgun now that she's been brought up on weapons charges.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha - look at all the criminals out there with guns, she'd have no problem getting another if she was really looking to do so.

Gun laws don't apply to criminals (and politicians, same thing at times).

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    A quick search on Case Search shows this "victim" has had priors, on a variety of drug, fraud, and firearm charges.

I don't think this is a "good guy vs. bad guy" scenario, I think it's a "hood rat vs. hood rat" scenario.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    When you carry a weapon you must have the mindset to use it. She didnt. I have found most gunowners dont have the proper mindset or training to use their weapon effectively and safely.

She should not be charged unless someone was struck with the rounds she fired.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A quick search on Case Search shows this "victim" has had prior arrests, and some convictions, on a variety of drug, fraud, and firearm charges.

I don't think this is a "good guy vs. bad guy" scenario, I think it's a "hood rat vs. hood rat" scenario.

Good catch. Throw the book at her then I say.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    The robberies linked to the May arrest all occurred on Callaway Avenue, near Northwest Baltimore's Ashburton neighborhood and on a street with single-family homes and expansive lawns. That location, and the one in Bolton Hill, are areas not prone to crime.

Bolton Hill is not prone to crime? LMAO

a 20-year-old man and two of his relatives were robbed and assaulted on Laurens Street in West Baltimore,

I once lived at 222, the park was in the next block (300's?), and beyond that was ghetto.

The robbery in Bolton Hill occurred about 8:30 p.m. Police said a man and his female friend answered a Craigslist ad to buy a sedan for $4,000. They talked with the "sellers" several times over the phone, police said, and agreed to meet in the 1600 block of Bolton St.

The ghetto leaketh like maggot juice. 1700th block of Bolton at Roberts is where I had my dog vs thugs standown and pretended to have a gun, one of those 2 million per year crimes averted things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom