• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Police Chief of Lowell, Massachusettes is demanding that CCW applicants write an essay explaining why they want a conceal carry permit. That, and the town of Lowell is demanding that CCW applicants take a 5 day firearm course, costing $1,100--a move pushed by the Chief, who has sole discretion to approve or deny the applicants.

The new law takes effect this week.

“It is absurd that people should have to write an essay to the town to explain why they should be able to exercise their constitutional rights,” said Jim Wallace, executive director of Gun Owners Action League of Massachusetts. “We already have a very strict set of gun laws in the state, but this is way over the top.”

Asking the police for permission to defend yourself with a firearm outside the home....hmmmmmm....where have I heard that before?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/2...le-for-gun-carry-applicants.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's what can happen when you have an appointed police chief instead of an elected sheriff. Leftist politics can quickly take priority over fundamental, enumerated human rights. And, being personally familiar with Lowell, it's an overtly racist policy to discriminate against minorities.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Dude even looks like a d-bag. Arms for me not for thee. And $1100 to take some week long class and some test on top of the one for the state. I know Lowell trashy but still.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    A copy of the Bill of Rigjts and a few Federalist papers should suffice!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    btw, the Class A license they are referring to is required for more than just concealed carry. It's the same one you must have just to own any handgun that can accept a magazine of more than ten rounds (even if the person only has 10 round mags for it), or pretty much any long gun beyond a basic hunting rifle or shotgun.

They have a wikipedia page also which I'm sure the chief is quite proud of as it is obviously officially edited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowell_Police_Department

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_tax_(United_States)

In the United States, payment of a poll tax was a prerequisite to the registration for voting in a number of states. The tax emerged in some states of the United States in the late 19th century as part of the Jim Crow laws. After the right to vote was extended to all races by the enactment of the Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, a number of states enacted poll tax laws as a device for restricting voting rights. The laws often included a grandfather clause, which allowed any adult male whose father or grandfather had voted in a specific year prior to the abolition of slavery to vote without paying the tax. These laws, along with unfairly implemented literacy tests and extra-legal intimidation,[1] achieved the desired effect of disenfranchising African-American and Native American voters, as well as poor whites.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Critics are blasting a Massachusetts city’s new law that they claim requires residents applying for a license to carry handguns to write “an essay” and pay upwards of $1,100 for training

Write an essay AND pay $1,100 for training. :tdown:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    In the last couple years, didn't people in that state brag about it was defacto shall issue due to the police chiefs not denying anyone?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    catfu.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    He's just following the slogan on the Lowell police shoulder patch: "Art is the Handmaid of Human Good".

If anyone wants to explain how that relates to police work, I'd really like to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom