Pole: New Colt Revolver vs Give Ammo Away?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • New Colt Revolver vs Give Ammo Away?

• Give the ammo to your friend and move on with life.

Votes: 2 8.3%
    • Keep the ammo and buy 2 Pythons and 2 Cobras. FTW.

Votes: 14 58.3%
    • Keep the ammo, hit the range with rentals, and go from there.

Votes: 2 8.3%
    • Pray for an answer; you moron, and BTW it's "POLL"!

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    No love for the S&W 686+?

Get an older model S&W model 19. Preferably a pre dash 4 series. You can shoot all of it and have fun, not to mention they are great guns. Having owned several Pythons back when they actually had real quality, I still got rid of them and kept the S&W's.
    Maybe.
    I've never been bitten by the snake series. Up to to $1500 bucks in CA for a Python... IDK

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    JFC.

I'm talking about revolvers, not rifles!
    You know, the hand held things that have a spinny thing that spins then goes boom when you pull the trigger thing.

Go back and read the post from the beginning.
    You're lack of attention is disturbing.
    No apologies.

I read it.

I understood it.

I ignored it.

Then gave you a better idea than you could have possibly imagined.

What’s the thanks I get?

:moon:

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Well? :lol2:

mp409-cimrevcarbine-18-357-38sp.jpg

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Going through my bunker I came up with about 1K rounds of 357 and 38+P.
    I currently have S&W J frames and 38+P I don't care for shooting in J frames; 38 is fine. I have Colt Officer/Official Police 38's that could likely handle 38+P but no sense in pushing it.

I have no 357 revolvers and don't recall where that ammo came from; likely old boss or old girlfriend.

A good friend asked me if I had any 357 for his old school Python. I could give all the ammo to him and be done with it.

Or I could buy a new Python or Cobra for myself as I have a lot of feeding for a new revolver. And Pythons/Cobras are on the CA roster; 1500 bucks or so.

I've not shot, but handled the 6 and 4.25" Pythons; and I prefer the 4.25 as far as balance goes for me; which is strange as with my Colt SAA I prefer the 7.5" barrel.

CCW get's into the mix as carrying a 4.25 or greater barrel revolver is not conducive to CCW; Cobra 3 or 2" is better. But can that get me more than what I have with my S&W J's already in hand.

I would like to have a new Python just to have one. But I'd also like to have a big mammeried hot redhead.

Post away
    TI-tick,

Answer me this. HOW in the world are you able to even type the word gun let alone own and shoot them, being a Kalifornian.

I have an acquaintance from the Stockton area but he now lives in Oklahoma for the past 2-3 years after his elderly parents relocated there. He is about the most LIB, TDS infected Californian that I have ever seen. He actually believes that the conservatives and Trump supporters and strict Constitutionalists are the ones who are bound to cause the demise of the land.

Somewhere I heard this notion before, but I think it came from my learning about the goals of the Marxists, Muslims, Chinese, North Koreans....

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    TI-tick,

Answer me this. HOW in the world are you able to even type the word gun let alone own and shoot them, being a Kalifornian.

I have an acquaintance from the Stockton area but he now lives in Oklahoma for the past 2-3 years after his elderly parents relocated there. He is about the most LIB, TDS infected Californian that I have ever seen. He actually believes that the conservatives and Trump supporters and strict Constitutionalists are the ones who are bound to cause the demise of the land.

Somewhere I heard this notion before, but I think it came from my learning about the goals of the Marxists, Muslims, Chinese, North Koreans....
    Those mutherfucking cockbreaths passed laws banning features in 1986 or so.
    CA firearms sellers complied by force of law; with a notably work around the bullet button. Press stories said if you press that mag release you get FA.
    That was then deemed verboten. Now there are fins and all kinds of ridiculous chit.

Fact: CA was made a state of the US by force with firearms.

Fact: CA, same as MD derived their state constitution from the NY constitution (easy to pass) that provids nothing for 2A.

The absence of state 2A support gives rise to the legal BS, in CA and MD.

I may be off a bit on this but I think on the whole I got it right.

Funny thing is if you are in the movies, you can get an exemption to the free world.
    Mil; IDK but don't think so.

Hell, Ask Alan Baldwin.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Mare's Legs are stupid.
    Q.E.D.

Ok, here's what you should do.

All that ammo you have no use for. Your buddy can use it. Give it to your friend.

But a Python would be a sweet range toy, so after you give all the ammo to your friend, you should buy the two Pythons.

Then you'll need ammo, so buy 1000 or so of .357. Maybe your buddy can sell you some at a good price.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I guess I don’t fully understand the question, all I see in the first post is the opportunity to purchase more nice firearms. It should all stop there..

;)

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mare's Legs are stupid.
    Q.E.D.

Ok, here's what you should do.

All that ammo you have no use for. Your buddy can use it. Give it to your friend.

But a Python would be a sweet range toy, so after you give all the ammo to your friend, you should buy the two Pythons.

Then you'll need ammo, so buy 1000 or so of .357. Maybe your buddy can sell you some at a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom