Pointless Rifles You Want for a Strange Reason?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    That and Air America ... yeah, sure, nobody knew why all those military guys were getting flight discounts ... and I guess mail did have to be delivered to every hillside and mountain top in Laos ;)

I have researched this rifle extensively and everything I learn always goes further down the worm hole.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    For some reason the Tavor speaks to me.
    Tavor-latrun-exhibition-1.jpg

Also the XM-8 in all it's variants just screams at me for some reason.
    Xm8_sideview.jpg

For pure AT&T value (reach out and touch someone), the Barrett 98 Bravo.
    Barrett_M98B.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I really want a FAL/ L1A1. I can't afford to feed it and don't have a range worth shooting it at, but I want one.

Savage Alaskan Brush Hunter, probably take your shoulder off in .375 Ruger with an 20" barrel but what a boomstick

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/116ALASKANBRUSHHUNTER

30936-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Great......had to go and show me this. I'm a fan of both Savage and short powerful rifles/carbines. Now I need this.....even though I have no real use for it other than fun.....and this would be one of probably the only non-milsurp bolt rifles that would remain without a scope. Maybe add a rear peep sight and a sling and call it done. I would probably go with the .338, cause I looked around and it can be found for about $38 a box vs. $50-60 a box for the .375 Ruger.....ouch.

My cousin had a #1 Tropical in .458 Lott and even though it was heavy for a single shot, it was insane. After 2-3 shots, even though I don't mind recoil, it was just unfun to shoot. Worst part was the cost of ammo.
    .....booooom......5 bucks.....booooom........5 bucks.......booooom.......5 bucks ($100 a box of ammo!!!!)

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Sir,that is not a pointless rifle.That is the epitome of what a rifle should be.And after the next "Red Dawn" and we are forced to use horses as our main mode of transportation,you will see the importance of such a fine piece of engineering.:party29:

Maybe, but I can use the flash hider on my AR as a spur :D

Attachments

• zhunter.jpg
      zhunter.jpg
      5.7 KB · Views: 579

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I would really like a Barret .50 cal, the bullpup one. I have nowhere to shoot it and no place to store it, but I still want one.

Along the same lines, I want a 6.8 Creedmore AR-10. Once again, nowhere to shoot it and I don't reload, but it'd make me happy.

I will own an AK-74 soon. Just so I can say I have one.

Really though, after the second or third rifle/pistol/shotgun, aren't they all pointless? You only really NEED a pistol and a rifle. (Self-defense and hunting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom