• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    This thread could be dedicated to pocket carry questions in general, but this post is specific to questions about a device I discovered called a Trigger Stop.

The back story here is that I got the LCP Max back in December with the intent to carry when I couldn't carry IWB. I settled on the CrossBreed Pocket Holster, which I liked, because it has a leather backer which is designed to face outward, making it look like you are just carrying a full sized wallet in your pocket. However, while practicing my draw at home, and at the range, I realized that because the leather pad faces outwards, I have to slip my fingers between the pad and the firearm, and there's no familiar Kydex barrier between my moving finger and the trigger. Maybe, I'm overthinking it it a bit, but it concerns me none the less. In fact pocket carrying has brought quite a few changes to my behavior. I now keep my wallet and keys in my left pocket, in order to get used to not reaching into my right pocket.

Anyway, while looking online for discussions about pocket carry, I recently discovered a little device that is intended to fit behind the trigger while in your pocket/holster. It keeps the trigger from being depressed, even if your finger is on it, but it's also quickly popped out with a slight push.

Here are a few versions I found online:

Amazon - SAF-T-Blok
    ClipDraw - Safety Block
    Garrison - Micro Trigger Stop
    3D Printed Glock Version on Thingiverse

The only one made for the Ruger LCP Max is the Garrison but I'm not about to just spend money on another firearm accessory that may or may not work. I quickly 3D printed the Glock one to test out on my G27. It seems to work as claimed, it fits snug behind the trigger, and is easily popped out before engaging the trigger.

I went ahead and designed on for my LCP Max this morning, and just printed it out for quick testing. I'm not ready to put this in practice yet, but it seems like it would solve some of my concerns about drawing from the pocket holster.

Fusion Photo.jpg

Fusion Photo 2.jpg

lcp0.jpg

lcp1.jpg

lcp2.jpg

So questions:
    Has anyone here used one of these devices before? If so, any feedback.
    Is it just a solution looking for a problem?
    What sort of downside risks could there be, other than taking about 1/4 second longer to deploy?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Blaster2269 showed us a trigger guard cover yesterday that covered the entire trigger guard opening and snapped on. It had a string attached that could be tied to your belt so that the device would pop off during the draw stroke. I don't recall who makes it.

I would prefer that over the 'block' design because it protects the entire trigger guard opening and prevents both trigger operation and the possibility of obstructing the trigger opening with stray pocket contents.

Last edited:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Blaster226 showed us a trigger guard cover yesterday that covered the entire trigger guard opening and snapped on. It had a string attached that could be tied to your belt so that the device would pop off during the draw stroke. I don't recall who makes it.

I would prefer that over the 'block' design because it protects the entire trigger guard opening and prevents both trigger operation and the possibility of obstructing the trigger opening with stray pocket contents.
    That trigger guard is issued with a Taurus curve.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Blaster226 showed us a trigger guard cover yesterday that covered the entire trigger guard opening and snapped on. It had a string attached that could be tied to your belt so that the device would pop off during the draw stroke. I don't recall who makes it.

I have one somewhere. It stays put. A wallet holster is also an option.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I have a DeSantis pocket holster for my LCP. It works great in a roomy front pocket, or okay in a back pocket
    Draw is slower from the back pocket, and it's hard to aquire an optimal grip in the back pocket, too.

I've carried a Kimber Pepper Blaster in my back pocket for many years, in a leather pocket holster. The draw is slow, but I have it with me. Anyway, it's the same size as the LCP, so they carry just the same.

I just found some good pants with roomy front pockets, so I'll probably get more of those and carry the LCP that way when I don't feel like carrying my M&P 9c.

Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    It looks to me like you may be better served by going with a slightly different style holster. One that keeps your finger away from the trigger area while drawing. Fine motor control goes out the window in a panic situation and you may have some issues getting the block out of the way when you need to. Just my uninformed opinion. BTW I think it's cool as hell that you were able to design and make it yourself.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Suggestions: Don't play pocket pool whilst carrying a pocket gun. That's all I got.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I settled on the CrossBreed Pocket Holster, which I liked, because it has a leather backer which is designed to face outward, making it look like you are just carrying a full sized wallet in your pocket. However, while practicing my draw at home, and at the range, I realized that because the leather pad faces outwards, I have to slip my fingers between the pad and the firearm, and there's no familiar Kydex barrier between my moving finger and the trigger.

The Desantis Superfly is a typical soft pocket holster, with a textured square that attaches via velcro to give the same wallet type appearance. I've carried a P938 in one more than a few times.

I would not like having a blocker stuck behind the trigger I would have to remove, and I don't think I would trust it to stay in place anyway.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I found this online. I guess you loop it around your belt before putting the firearm in your pocket.

78b62801a9f07832422a02619bd134e3.jpg

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    The Desantis Superfly is a typical soft pocket holster, with a textured square that attaches via velcro to give the same wallet type appearance. I've carried a P938 in one more than a few times.

I would not like having a blocker stuck behind the trigger I would have to remove, and I don't think I would trust it to stay in place anyway.

Thanks those look similar and comfortable. I may have to check it out. Man, I’m bummed that I couldn’t make it to Blaster’s info session yesterday. I’m sure I would have seen some good ideas.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I found this online. I guess you loop it around your belt before putting the firearm in your pocket.

78b62801a9f07832422a02619bd134e3.jpg
    That's meant for belt carry, not pocket carry. Won't work in a pocket without mods to the item, the pants pocket, or both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom