• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    2016 is here and we are going "Hot", IDPA at Peacemaker National is back. New Props and lots of movers this year. The focus this year is practical, real world situations, with the occasional plane crash or zombie attack. First match of the year is March 26th, and registration is open. New shooters are always welcome, let the folks at Peacemaker introduce you to the IDPA world of defensive shooting.

Here's the link to Peacemaker:
    http://peacemakernational.com

Looking ahead: WV State IDPA Championship June 3,4 and 5

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I'm in!

new shooters definitely c'mon out and give it a try. my personal belief is everyone should do a few matches with a firearm(s) their lives may depend on. great way to see if you and your gun are up for the mission. peacemaker is VERY friendly to new shooters, just have to be safe.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yes, just a shirt, coat or whatever hides your gat and mags. definitely doesn't have to be a logo/patch covered vest...

I don't think they will turn anyone away who doesn't have an idpa-approved holster and gear but you prob won't shoot for score, or you might be in the not-for-competition division. do read idpa rules for cops and military as they get special treatment.

what gun you bringing - if glock or 1911, I have holsters, mag pouches you can use.

while it's hard staying awake, everyone should really read thru the idpa rules at www.idpa.com.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    "while it's hard staying awake, everyone should really read thru the idpa rules at www.idpa.com."

Very funny Davsco, but also true. Study the safety rules, range commands, and what you need to do to shoot the stages. Then and only then figure out what division(s) your gun(s) fit in. Local clubs will be lenient in some equipment rules the first few times.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Yeah some if my other clubs the RO's favorite saying is "no bribe is too small and no bribe is too big.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Yeah some if my other clubs the RO's favorite saying is "no bribe is too small and no bribe is too big.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
    Speaking of shady SO's, congrats on your own hot off the press SO cert! I look forward to working with you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom