• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11Bravo

NRA Lifer
    Dec 10, 2009
    Arizona the land of the FREE
    Please take a moment to sign my petition and voice your oppinion.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/DONT-TREAD-ON-ME

Here is a link to the bill! http://mlis.state.md.us/2010rs/billfile/sb0516.htm

Sponsored By:
    Senators Lenett, Conway, Currie, Exum, Frosh, Harrington, Jones, Kelley, King, Madaleno, McFadden, Pinsky, Pugh, Raskin, and Rosapepe

Entitled:
    Maryland Assault Weapons Ban of 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synopsis:
    Designating specified firearms as assault weapons; prohibiting with specified exceptions a person from transporting an assault weapon into the State or possessing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, or receiving an assault weapon; requiring the Handgun Roster Board to compile and maintain a roster of prohibited assault weapons; etc.

Here is just one amendment put forth to current law:

§4–304.
    A law enforcement unit may seize as contraband and dispose of according to regulation an assault weapon transported, sold, transferred, purchased, received, or possessed in violation of this subtitle in the State of Maryland.

(i) For a first violation, the person shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than 5 years and not exceeding 20 years.
    (ii) The court may not impose less than the minimum sentence of 5 years.
    (iii) The mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years may not be suspended.
    (iv) Except as otherwise provided in § 4-305 of the Correctional Services Article, the person is not eligible for parole in less than 5 years.
    (3) (i) For each subsequent violation, the person shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than 10 years and not exceeding 20 years.
    (ii) The court may not impose less than the minimum sentence of 10 years.
    (iii) A sentence imposed under this paragraph shall be consecutive to and not concurrent with any other sentence imposed for the felony or crime of violence.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    OK, I signed it, now what happens? Will our Representatives ever see this?
    I'm not knocking your efforts; I just want to make sure that people know that it is NO substitute for sending emails, writing letters, making phone calls, and showing up for the hearings.

Make sure that we keep pressure on our Representatives with all the tools we have available to us.

-Boxcab

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    With over 5000 members here if even half signed the petition + called or e-mailed the senate I don't think this bill would make it out of commitee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom