• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    How is one supposed to buy a bunch of lowers when it takes two months to get the paper work back on one. That gives you the ability to purchase maybe 3 of them between now and October.

I can see 80% lowers becoming very popular in MD.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Unless the RRA has like....thousands of rounds through it...for $1400, buy that one..and then buy a stripped upper or two...you can make a light weight recce upper with a 16" barrel, you can make a DMR with an 18 or 20" barrel or get a 14.5 with a pinned end to meet 16'1 legal length.

Most guys on here shoot their AR's less than a few hundred rounds a year....so...for the most part...if they are not dented, scratched up or beat up...they are barely broken in.

But if you want to be able to shoot alot....you could also get a 5.45x39 upper like I just did...just purchased 1080 rounds for $189.99....thats ....$.19 a round....:-)

Good luck with what ever you decide...the FAL is nice...but very expensive to shoot....

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    How is one supposed to buy a bunch of lowers when it takes two months to get the paper work back on one. That gives you the ability to purchase maybe 3 of them between now and October.

I can see 80% lowers becoming very popular in MD.

You can submit the paperwork every 30 days, even if you have not received the previous regulated firearm back yet. The way the newly amended bill looks, anything in the pipe line between now and October 1 would be legit. So, you do the math. One regulated firearm a day from here on out.

Now, if you get approval as a Designated Collector, you can submit an infinite number of regulated firearms for approval between now and October 1 if you have the cash to buy them. Me, I am going with 1 every 30 days until I get my approval as a Designated Collector.

broguns

Mar 10, 2013
    thanks for all the tips guys. Basically when I meant battle rifle I just meant semi-auto, synthetic/metal construction, pistol grip...not a hunting rifle.

I prefer something with a punch to it, prefer american firearms, and wouldn't mind cash and carry.

The Ruger is cash and carry but 2k
    The RRA would be cash and carry and I could replace the buffer and buy lots of ammo before hitting 2k.
    There was also as cash and carry 308ar in there but it had a fixed top handle which I dont like. I guess I could replace the upper but it was 2k to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom