• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I regret having to quote myself but I'd really like an answer to these questions. I'm not trolling; I just want to know.

They don't have much, the problem is what will grow from their product they will produce and will try to sell/use during the next MGA.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Heres the text of the post for those not addicted to Facebook.

Moms Demand Action. So do Dads. So do gun owners, like me.

Americans support our global arms control agreements because we know that the weapons are what make wars deadly.

Americans will also support arms control domestically, because we know that the weapons are what make animosity among humans deadly.

Andrea Chamblee reminded us yesterday of the very purpose of the United States Constitution: justice, domestic tranquility, general welfare, and of course liberty.

The Second Amendment was drafted not to guarantee individuals the right to carry arms, but to convince delegates from states who did not share a loyalty to our young country that they would maintain autonomy. It allowed them to organize state militias as a defense against the United States of America.

Government regulates firearms because government must respond to public safety threats. Shooting is the #2 cause of death among American children, and the #1 cause of death among African American children.

A failure by public officials to regulate the weapons used to kill our children and our neighbors is a failure to deliver on our most sacred obligation as public servants.

The committees of our Anne Arundel County Gun Violence Prevention Task Force are hard at work. I look forward to receiving their recommendations on December 15, and I look forward to implementing them in 2020.

It’s time for an arms control agreement, right here at home.

Tell the survivors of Carthage that it’s the weapons. They’ll be glad to know that a gun free zone kept them safe.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I don't even live there anymore, but nonetheless I took the time to gleefully poop in his punch bowl on FB.

tailgunner

Oct 18, 2013
    PAsadena Md.
    So this dumbazz dumbocrat thinks that taking private property away from law abiding citizens is going to stop the criminals from killing. Keep poking the Hornets nest you liberal morons and you may get a rehash of the civil war which actually would be fought over a worthwhile cause this time.

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    How much power does a county government in Maryland actually have to regulate firearms? I realize they can declare areas as "residential" or whatever to prevent shooting like MoCo did recently, but what else?

Seems like this is just more bluster and pandering to his anti-gun supporters.

Maryland has state preemption so there's not really much that he can do at all I don't think except for maybe ban suppressors since they aren't covered in the preemption law.

Montgomery County and the City of Annapolis at one time or another have both passed their own bans against having ammunition delivered directly to your house if you live within either of those jurisdictions, but those laws were ruled invalid(not sure by whom though) because of state preemption.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Maryland has state preemption so there's not really much that he can do at all I don't think except for maybe ban suppressors since they aren't covered in the preemption law.

Montgomery County and the City of Annapolis at one time or another have both passed their own bans against having ammunition delivered directly to your house if you live within either of those jurisdictions, but those laws were ruled invalid(not sure by whom though) because of state preemption.

Does that that MoCos law against AP ammo is illegal?

(I’m thinking more in the vein that vendors refused to ship to Montgomery County because of the AP ammo issue...)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

MD has preemption authority, but I am certain their plan is to appeal to the MGA for special laws for AACo. If they are successful, look to the city and PG and Moco to follow suit next year. I'm sure Mike Miller would kill it, but big Mike may not be with us next year.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Next Thursday is the second meeting of the AA County Gun Violence Prevention Task Force. AACC at 6:00.

Not sure if there will be public comment, but a presence is also important.

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    The Western Journalism article you cite here is excellent. Everyone on our MD SHooters 2A site should read it. Illustrates how to "study a study".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom