• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongTom

Jan 13, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Am I the only one who sees the idiocy of this? Someone help me out, here, because I've read it a thousand times, and it just seems so damned abysmally stupid, that I feel like I must be reading it wrong.

I actually feel like a moron bring this up, but oh well. Feinstein's bill had similar language in it.

1. Am I reading that ONLY pistols with FIXED magazines will be banned, and no other pistols? (seriously?)

2. What, exactly, is the assembly's definition of a *fixed* magazine. Is there something I'm not understanding?

3. Has anyone ever actually heard of a pistol with a fixed magazine able to accept more than 10 rounds (besides those funky 22 pistols with the huge cylinders?) All I can think of are rifles that are too short, so they are classified as regulated firearms.

4. Did they ban the magazine, but not the gun, so therefore, any regular old pistol sold with a magazine accessory holding more than 10rds in the box would be illegal for purchase??

If #4 is true, then that would ban A LOT OF (new in the box) ORDINARY PISTOLS, unless you purchase them used, without the magazine included.

Someone (SOMEONE) tell me that I'm actually reading this right, and that the general assembly liberal party wagon are just raging morons with IQ in the teens?

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Yes, it really is that fcking stupid.

Stop trying to understand the logic, you'll end up hurting yourself (exposure well beyond the LD50 of stupid) and then the terrorists win.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Sometimes, just gotta roll with it. Note to self: stay away from fixed mag handguns over 10 rds. Shouldn't be too difficult.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    If #4 is true, then that would ban A LOT OF (new in the box) ORDINARY PISTOLS, unless you purchase them used, without the magazine included.

Someone (SOMEONE) tell me that I'm actually reading this right, and that the general assembly liberal party wagon are just raging morons with IQ in the teens?

Correct. Very few handguns will be disallowed. In the end you can get anything as long as it can be gotten with a 10 round or less mag or have the FFL sell you the gun without a mag and is on the handgun list. Pretty much the same as now with just 10 round limits instead of 20 round limit.

Thanks
    Robert

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Is the cylinder of a revolver a fixed magazine? Changing the cylinder can be argued to be disassembly, and therefore fixed.
    Anyway- can anyone list or name pistol make/models with fixed magazines over 10 rounds that will be banned?

What shotguns have revolving cylinder magazines (and thus will be banned)? Does this refer to things like the drum mags? and firearms that accept drum magazines, can also accept box mags, can't they?
    To simplify- by existing make/model what SG will be banned for reasons other than a folding stock?

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Correct. Very few handguns will be disallowed. In the end you can get anything as long as it can be gotten with a 10 round or less mag or have the FFL sell you the gun without a mag and is on the handgun list. Pretty much the same as now with just 10 round limits instead of 20 round limit.

Thanks
    Robert

A detachable magazine is not a fixed magazine.

A pistol with a magwell designed to accept a detachable magazine is not the same as a pistol with a fixed magazine.

SOMDHoya

Jan 17, 2013
    I have a question about the magazine issue. Will you be able to purchase a pistol that by default comes with a 10 round or less magazine, yet can accept a larger one?

For instance, I have an M&P 40c. It comes with a 10 round mag but I can buy the 15 round magazine with the xgrip extension and use it as a full size. Would that gun be banned as well since it can technically "accept" a larger magazine?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I have a question about the magazine issue. Will you be able to purchase a pistol that by default comes with a 10 round or less magazine, yet can accept a larger one?

For instance, I have an M&P 40c. It comes with a 10 round mag but I can buy the 15 round magazine with the xgrip extension and use it as a full size. Would that gun be banned as well since it can technically "accept" a larger magazine?

No.
    You will have to buy a Cali compliant one that comes with a 10rd mag, but you'll still be able to buy larger mags out of state and use them.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Is the cylinder of a revolver a fixed magazine? Changing the cylinder can be argued to be disassembly, and therefore fixed.
    Anyway- can anyone list or name pistol make/models with fixed magazines over 10 rounds that will be banned?

What shotguns have revolving cylinder magazines (and thus will be banned)? Does this refer to things like the drum mags? and firearms that accept drum magazines, can also accept box mags, can't they?
    To simplify- by existing make/model what SG will be banned for reasons other than a folding stock?
    My gun info on this is dated. The only drum magazine shotgun I've seen was the Street Sweeper. I believe Mauser may have made a fixed magazine pistol over ten rnds. at one time.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

My gun info on this is dated. The only drum magazine shotgun I've seen was the Street Sweeper. I believe Mauser may have made a fixed magazine pistol over ten rnds. at one time.

Drum mags are not revolving cylinders.

The Taurus Judge is a revolving cylinder pistol, that can take shotgun shells. The street sweeper is a revolving cylinder shotgun. The saiga 12 with a drum mag is not.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Drum mags are not revolving cylinders.

The Taurus Judge is a revolving cylinder pistol/shotgun, the street sweeper is a revolving cylinder shotgun. The saiga 12 with a drum mag is not.

The Taurus judge is a pistol.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Note to self ; do NOT install Bullet Button on AR pistol.

Should be OK as long as you don't get caught with a 15 or 20 round mag in it.

In Calif, if you have a bullet button, your AR can have any feature you want on it- until you drop the 10 round mag and put in one larger- then you are an instant felon.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    The Broomhandle Mauser pistol in both 9mm and 7.63mm used stripper clips to load a fixed magazine in front of the trigger assy.

How many rounds did it hold?

And I feel so much safer- broom handled mausers I have heard are the firearm of choice for criminal activity :rolleyes:

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    How many rounds did it hold?

And I feel so much safer- broom handled mausers I have heard are the firearm of choice for criminal activity :rolleyes:

Except for the ones that hold 20 rounds. Photo below: Finnish variant of Broomhandle Mauser, World War I era, soon to be a banned "copycat" firearm in Maryland.

Attachments

• FinnishMauser.jpg
      FinnishMauser.jpg
      3.3 KB · Views: 1,109

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads