• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Schew, $100K deposit? That's around 4X's the standard. Going to be a big boys event I guess. Initial deposits used to be estimated before the sale as around 10% of the projected hammer price. Then, after the sale the buyer is required (as with this one) to add additional deposits in order to "bring up" the amount to a true 10% of the sale price.

In a nutshell, it sounds like they are expecting this to go in the low 7 figures range.

(also, there's THIS):

In addition, the property will be sold subject to all existing housing, building and zoning code violations and subject to all matters and restrictions of record affecting the same, if any. The purchaser(s) at the foreclosure sale shall assume the risk of loss for the above-mentioned property immediately after the Auction Sale takes place.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So, in the event they are in tax lien sale issues too, the buyer will be responsible for cleaning up that mess also.

Tough sell in my opinion.

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    I guess time will tell on this.....I don't shoot there often but would hate to see it go by the wayside if the new owners decide not to use it as a range if it is sold. Have you any luck in selling your shotgun? I'm going to put my O/U (cynergy) on here one day when I have the time trying to downsize and get ready for retiremet!!

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    No, not for housing or retail. That would not fly. There has been a group of shooters who wanted to buy it, but couldn't come to terms with the current owner. Hopefully they will prevail at the auction. This should proove to be a deal of a lifetime. Only 100K deposit eh?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    No, not for housing or retail. That would not fly. There has been a group of shooters who wanted to buy it, but couldn't come to terms with the current owner. Hopefully they will prevail at the auction. This should proove to be a deal of a lifetime. Only 100K deposit eh?

Wilmington Trap Assn. is like a little island at this point, Royal Farms, Kohls and a catholic church/school are all within a few hundred yards. Im THROUGHLY surprised they haven't sold out yet. Of course, that's probably a more dense area.

Remember, with the right amount if money and influence zonings can be and DO get changed. This includes ag preservation, forest retention and a bunch of other fancy schit. I don't know the zoning or demographic of the parcel this club was on, just speaking generally.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I guess time will tell on this.....I don't shoot there often but would hate to see it go by the wayside if the new owners decide not to use it as a range if it is sold. Have you any luck in selling your shotgun? I'm going to put my O/U (cynergy) on here one day when I have the time trying to downsize and get ready for retiremet!!

No luck selling my Beretta, I'm asking a little too much I suppose. That skinny dude Im always with is looking specifically for a Cynergy, he doesn't want a field model though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom