• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I am in a bit of a pickle here. I sent off my 9mm barrel to get pinned and welded and learned I should not have bought one with 1/2x28 threads. The business I used was very courteous and shared their concern that with only 1.73mm of material there, they were afraid they’ll either blow through the barrel or not get it deep enough so they’re sending the barrel back.

I really appreciated their integrity, my concern is what do I do now? Is there another method where I can attach the muzzle device without pinning and welding it? And if yes, who does it?

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    1/2x28 is the most common doubt you would have found a different thread pattern good news is here’s the other options.

Permanent methods of attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over.
    Ref: ATF 5320-8 ATF National Firearms Act Handbook, pg. 5.​

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    There's also Morgan at Class 3 Machining. He's done great work for me, both barrel threading and a pin-and-weld job.

morgan@class3machining.com

You do have to send him a pre-paid label for return shipping. Pirate Ship is recommended. https://www.pirateship.com/

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    There's also Morgan at Class 3 Machining. He's done great work for me, both barrel threading and a pin-and-weld job.

morgan@class3machining.com

You do have to send him a pre-paid label for return shipping. Pirate Ship is recommended. https://www.pirateship.com/
    Class 3 won't do pin and weld anymore. I've used him foe threading and he is damned good. Said the weld work was too slow for him anymore.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Class 3 won't do pin and weld anymore. I've used him foe threading and he is damned good. Said the weld work was too slow for him anymore.

That's a shame, his pin & weld was very tidy. Textbook work.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    My apologies, but I no longer make recommendations.

I can't control the quality of someone elses work, and people in the past have tried to hold me responsible when the work is bad.
    Can you at least make a recommendation on how I can get my signature block as long as yours?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Wilson has been getting shit on a lot in the clone rifle groups I follow on Facebook lately. I needed an AR barrel pinned and welded and went to John Thomas but I think he only does AR work.
    In regards to what? I've used him for a couple of jobs and was happy with the work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom