• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Not ok on school property at all, this was a MD case of a parent being charged a couple of years ago.

Just for laughs, the defendant entered an Alford plea and received an 18 month sentence, all suspended. Unclear if they had a valid carry permit at that time. Also as noted in earlier posts, that would be irrelevant.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Just for laughs, the defendant entered an Alford plea and received an 18 month sentence, all suspended. Unclear if they had a valid carry permit at that time. Also as noted in earlier posts, that would be irrelevant.
    Alford plea and found guilty which then becomes lifetime prohibition on possession.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I've been told by instructors at Freestate that if I need to pick up my son from school and carrying, I need to lock my firearm in a secure box in the car (box underneath my seat). I've tried googling the correct answer but I'm not a lawyer! I don't want to risk any issues, want to do the right thing.
    Park off the property, secure the firearm in the vehicle, and walk up to pick up your son unarmed.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This seems reasonable to me!!

Seems ridiculous to me.

A couple months ago I missed the turn off of eastbound Cold Springs Lane onto northbound 83 (JFX). So I turned at the next left to go back.

That next left turned out to be the entrance to Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, and school was just getting out, so there was a terrible bumper to bumper traffic jam. There was no place to turn around, so I could only creep along with the jam. My truck is an extended van with no windows in back, offering no visibility, requiring extra care in backing up.

Anyway, it was 15 or 20 minutes before I could even turn around, and another 10 or 15 before I could get off the school property.

Can you imagine the threat to our Democracy? For indeed my climate-destroying gas guzzler contained a fully semi automatic firearm loaded with solid copper anti personnel rounds.

It's a wonder anyone survived.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Seems ridiculous to me.

A couple months ago I missed the turn off of eastbound Cold Springs Lane onto northbound 83 (JFX). So I turned at the next left to go back.

That next left turned out to be the entrance to Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, and school was just getting out, so there was a terrible bumper to bumper traffic jam. There was no place to turn around, so I could only creep along with the jam. My truck is an extended van with no windows in back, offering no visibility, requiring extra care in backing up.

Anyway, it was 15 or 20 minutes before I could even turn around, and another 10 or 15 before I could get off the school property.

Can you imagine the threat to our Democracy? For indeed my climate-destroying gas guzzler contained a fully semi automatic firearm loaded with solid copper anti personnel rounds.

It's a wonder anyone survived.
    Does it have the shoulder thing that goes up?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    91T+i03v3kL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg
    Just get one of these...
    On Amazon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics