• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sigrug17

Jun 22, 2009
    Gaithersburg
    Nice Sig!!! Congrats!, I simply love the P226, fit and balance are perfect and just accurate! I like how the 'Blackwater' P226 has the dovetail... nice look!

donmega334

Mar 5, 2009
    Whosville
    Nice! I want one!

I just read an article about how Blackwater changed their name and logo over to Xe (pronounced zee) because they wanted a new image. I personally prefer the old name and the old logo was kickass, now they look like a software company.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Nice! I want one!

I just read an article about how Blackwater changed their name and logo over to Xe (pronounced zee) because they wanted a new image. I personally prefer the old name and the old logo was kickass, now they look like a software company.

The change may have been done for Legal purposes? I know when a Company goes under, they can change the name and their logo if they have one to become a completely different Company. This way people who are owed money can't go after the new business for it. I'm not exactly sure about Litigation, but it may also be the old Company can be Litigated against, but not the supposed new one?

I'm not saying Blackwater did or is going under. I know nothing about their financial background. But it is odd they did change a few things around. I guess we'll all find out why when they want everyone to know? But I'm just guessing?

One thing is almost certain, the change in Name and Logo will certainly make the handgun shadco has worth more than he paid for it in the future. Sure it's a lot of money, but its also more rare as each day passes.

Mud Turtle

Jan 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I took it out to the range this AM and ran 250 rounds through it without any issues, 150 115 gr FMJ, and 100 124 gr +P Hollow points. It was dead nuts accurate, has a great trigger. It's made in the USA and has a born on date of 6/29/2009. It came with a hollow steel guide rod and acts like the chorman 226 I had about 10 years ago.

I see everyone knocking current Sigs but this one lives up to my expectations, I really like the sights especially the front one.

I tore it down before shooting it and carefully lubed it the same way I did my old 226.
    Shadco, do you use oil or grease on the rails when you lube it. I just bought one but can't pick it up yet. I read on one of the Sig forums, a fellow swears that the nitron finish is abrasive and you need to use grease on the rails. What say you or MauiWowie or anyone else?

jsashooter

Jun 15, 2008
    Dundalk
    I'm all for the stimulas that Salty Dog is talking about. I would take my stim. money right to the Gun Connection, and get a P 226 to keep my P 220 company.:D

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Sweet !!has anyone seen/handled a Sig 238,I have been thinking it would be a nice CC piece

You may want to wait until thos issue plays out..

SIG SAUER, Inc. has initiated a Mandatory Safety Upgrade pertaining to our new Model P238™ pistols. We have determined that a small number of P238 pistols may have safety levers that are not manufactured to factory specifications. Under certain conditions, it may be possible for the lever not to be completely engaged in the safe position. In this condition, the gun will not fire when the trigger is pulled. However, when the safety lever is moved to the off position, the hammer may fall, with the remote possibility that the gun could fire unintentionally, thus creating a risk of injury or death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom