• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Was enjoying a phone conversation with my father and he mentioned crime rates soaring back home and the fact that he probably needed to purchase a pistol again (he gave me his Combat Commander years ago). My father is so hard to buy for when it comes to gifts that this one was a no brainer. So I gave some thought as to what C&R would I trust with my Mom and Dad's lives? Only two came to mind: Browning HP and Walther P1. In the end I decided to go with the P1.
    Ordered one from SOG on Monday and it arrived yesterday, very quick service! Picked it up this morning and was very pleased with what my $349 (broke my vow to not use handpick options but for $10 extra I decided what the heck) got me. Other than some minor scratches in the grips it's pristine. Manuf. date is 6/72.
    Also ordered a couple of spare mags from RTG (another great vendor) for just $12.95 each. He also offers a neat english translation of the original '77 Bundeswehr P1 manual that I picked up for $12.
    All that's left to do is trundle down to the range and test fire before presenting it for Fathers Day.

Attachments

• IMGP6606.JPG
      IMGP6606.JPG
      23.7 KB · Views: 185
    • IMGP6604.JPG
      IMGP6604.JPG
      20.7 KB · Views: 190
    • IMGP6608.JPG
      IMGP6608.JPG
      22.3 KB · Views: 191
    • IMGP6605.JPG
      IMGP6605.JPG
      26.2 KB · Views: 191

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Nice! Both of my parents just got there concealed carry license (they live in PA) so I'm trying to talk my dad into a P1 since he mentioned getting a 9mm. I think he may go for it since its historical piece and not your average carry gun.

I just got SOG's flyer in the mail today, so its nice to see some feedback on the condition.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Your a good son. Thanks for the pics and feedback on these, I've was on the fence about getting one, but have now fallen off and placed my order.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Nice Fathers Day gift Mawkie, I'm sure he will love it. A lot of these guns look like they had little use or they were factory refurbished because they are in great condition.
    I picked mine up a couple years ago,it was sealed in a heavy plastic bag.

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpg
      IMG_1206.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 140

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    This one surprised me. I have P-38s in the collection but never handled an alloy framed P1 before and found it pleasant handling and the trigger good in SA and DA modes. We'll see if I'm as enamored at the range but 9mm x 19 isn't exactly a hard recoiling round in a large frame pistol so I'm certain it'll be fine. I'm sold on it and can now see why everyone loves them.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Did not find the recoil bad at all, let us know what you think of the accuracy, mine is only so so but have only tried one type of ammo and I am not a great pistol shot, function was perfect.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I should stay away from here, now I went to century and ordered a P38 so that I would have 1 of each. Told my wife that I ordered the P1 and was thinking about the P38 she said do you think it would be something I would like to shoot, showed a her a pic and she said sure why not.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I should stay away from here, now I went to century and ordered a P38 so that I would have 1 of each. Told my wife that I ordered the P1 and was thinking about the P38 she said do you think it would be something I would like to shoot, showed a her a pic and she said sure why not.

Lucky man! Your wife's a keeper, just ask all the cruffers who have made sneaking their purchases into the house an art form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom