• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    on target are expensive as hell.
    false

since you have to buy their ammo when you use the lane, and god forbid you rent one of their guns to use, it adds up very quickly.
    false

Also, occasionally they sell guns that they have rented out as new- and if you call them on it they'll say
    "what we meant was LIKE new"
    false
    :sad20:

JWGuns

Aug 29, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    I went to On Target yesterday to shoot...and while I was there, I happened to see a SCAR as I was checking in.

I honestly figured it was sold and just on display until it was being picked up.

Went over and looked at it and found out they just put it on display 15 min ago...it was a SCAR 17s. As soon as I held it, I loved it. I can't wait to try this thing out - I had no idea this was a cash & carry item.

On Target was great as they have always been to me...just wanted to post this and give them a :thumbsup:

Pics:
    photo%285%29.JPG

photo%286%29.JPG

photo%287%29.JPG

photo%288%29.JPG
    She's beautiful, I like that granite too.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I likey, but too spendy for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Nice find! I'm curious as well to how this is an cash and carry?

If the item is not a handgun and it is not on the current Assault Weapon list, it gets treated as any long gun would. That is my guess on the matter. Guessing it is not listed in the Assault Weapon list.

No way I can justify spending $3k+ on a firearm now just because it is inflated to that degree from the recent craze. Don't get me wrong, I have paid $5k+ for guns in the past, but that was the everyday price, not the looming gun ban price.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    How interesting that it's cash and carry, especially considering that functionally its no different than the dreaded AR15. That's good to know...although if those nut bags in Annapolis get their way it won't be off of their list for long.

Spoon22

Jan 23, 2013
    That makes sense.

I think the SCARs regular price has always been near upper 2's.

If the item is not a handgun and it is not on the current Assault Weapon list, it gets treated as any long gun would. That is my guess on the matter. Guessing it is not listed in the Assault Weapon list.

No way I can justify spending $3k+ on a firearm now just because it is inflated to that degree from the recent craze. Don't get me wrong, I have paid $5k+ for guns in the past, but that was the everyday price, not the looming gun ban price.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    How interesting that it's cash and carry, especially considering that functionally its no different than the dreaded AR15. That's good to know...although if those nut bags in Annapolis get their way it won't be off of their list for long.

If they get their way, it will end up being considered a Copycat weapon and it too will be banned. Completely frustrating and something that has me leaning toward a move to Richmond.

Aldwyn

Not All That Bad, Really.
    Dec 20, 2012
    Columbia, Md
    Nice find! I spent weeks shopping SCAR 16s, and could never find any locally. GB prices were insane, and just kept growing. I finally ended up buying a ACR... so good find.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    @ On Target, you can bring your own ammo if you have your own firearms. You only need to buy ammo from them if you are renting one of theirs.

Which scope does your buddy have? I'll definitely have to check it out...I've been contemplating what to put on it.

it was originally a cheapie leapers UTG fixed 6 power that I had lying around at my house. It actually worked fantastically, but eventually he bought something more expensive to put on it, I can't remember what the hell it's called but it's made by Nikon I believe.

Funny thing is, I've had that same Leapers fixed six on like eight different guns now, it's basically the scope I put on something until I can find something better, occasionally loaned to friends for same purpose.

It's been on AKs, an SKS, two ARs, and a reminton 870 (just to see if rifled slugs are really as accurate as they're cracked up to be) and others, and it's held zero like a champ and remained shock proof through it all.

Anyways, I definitely am a believer in the fixed six. You've got very decent long range accuracy out to about 350 yards, and quick acquisition in to about 50 feet, for which the iron sights can be used.

So yeah, just mount the scope high enough that you can still use the BUIS and you have the best of both worlds.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Wow .. they do not make you shoot thier ammo on thier range only if you are renting one of thier guns .

And sorry I have never seen them sell a used rental for new .. i beleive you are mistaken

I am most certainly not mistaken about selling rentals as new, and since after that birthday experience I never brought one of my own guns there you may be right about them only screwing you on ammo when you rent their guns.

Also there's the whole selling guns for about a hundred bucks OVER MSRP, and don't even tell me supply and demand and scarcity and such, because they've been pulling that same shit for almost five years now that i know of personally.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I am most certainly not mistaken about selling rentals as new, and since after that birthday experience I never brought one of my own guns there you may be right about them only screwing you on ammo when you rent their guns.

Also there's the whole selling guns for about a hundred bucks OVER MSRP, and don't even tell me supply and demand and scarcity and such, because they've been pulling that same shit for almost five years now that i know of personally.
    I've been there a million times, never seen a used gun in the cabinet, only the consignment cabinet. Can you name one handgun they sell there for $100 over msrp?

Smith M&P9 msrp=$569
    On Target price=$575

Ruger lcr 357 msrp=$599
    On Target price=$550

Smith 686 msrp=$849
    On Target price=$829

Keltec pf9 msrp=$333
    On Target price=$305

Mossberg 500 8 shot msrp=$447
    On Target price=$335

Just a few I know off the top of my head. Msrp's are taken from manufacturers websites.

MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom