• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scobra

Nov 17, 2014
    So, I get a renewal notice for my Florida CCW. They are now requiring a new fingerprint card as well as a new photo plus $87.00. Problem is that the fingerprint card has to be done in ink (no digital) and done by a “law enforcement agency”. Local PDs don’t do it anymore, MD state police don’t do it anymore. Tried local and State police in Delaware.....nope. Ended up having to go to York PA.
    The photo head shot dimensions are specific but an odd size, not a typical passport size. So I spent 2 hours to finally make my own at home.
    Seems as if Florida really doesn’t want out of state renewals?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Fla has been like that for years. No issues with a passport photo and got the prints at UMBC police. I don’t live close either.
    No big deal to me.

scobra

Nov 17, 2014
    Fla has been like that for years. No issues with a passport photo and got the prints at UMBC police. I don’t live close either.
    No big deal to me.
    The photo required has head measurements now down to the 1/8 inch and my passport photos were too large. Didn’t know about UMBC. neither did Absolute investigative who used to be able to provide everything needed...no longer can.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I must have gotten in under the wire, mines valid until mid 2027 and I don’t recall that much difficulty.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    When I renewed in 2018, the photo was a PP photo. The prints I got done at UMBC. When I originally got mine back in the day, Absolute could do the prints (and photo) as they were acting as agents for the MSP. But something changed with either that or FLA accepting them.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Do not know where you live but 3rd part places that do live scan sometimes can do ink prints as well. When I did HQL I went to place in Bel Air that would do ink and card as long as you brought the cards.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Do not know where you live but 3rd part places that do live scan sometimes can do ink prints as well. When I did HQL I went to place in Bel Air that would do ink and card as long as you brought the cards.
    FLA requires a LE to do the ink.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    FL rejected prints I did for an applicant. It’s such a joke. I do them for Utah as part of the class.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I ended up not renewing mine, but when I did the original, I used a passport photo.

And for fingerprints I went to the MSP office in the Bel Air MVA. They printed them on the card and signed them as LEO and they were fine.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Is this at
    1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250
    That's the place. Got through the gate and to the back of the big parking lot to the HQ building. They do FL prints like they've been doing it forever, even have a template to show you what to put on the back.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    That's the place. Got through the gate and to the back of the big parking lot to the HQ building. They do FL prints like they've been doing it forever, even have a template to show you what to put on the back.
    Thanks, appreciate the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom