• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It's on the Maryland approved list now. Picked one up, $116. Figure if you ever want to part with it, wait for a gun buyback and may come out close to even.

PhoenixArmsHP22A_8qbn7g.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's on the Maryland approved list now. Picked one up, $116. Figure if you ever want to part with it, wait for a gun buyback and may come out close to even.

I have one I got years ago. Not a bad little gun. Don't shoot it much, but never had an issue with it.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I had the same one about 15 years ago. It was my concealed carry pistol/pest control/target plinker until I bought a more suitable handgun. It shot very well... I shot countless chipmunks, rabbits, and a fox with it. Yes it was that accurate and I could shoot it like a laser. The frame rails eventually broke (I mainly used Rem Yellow Jackets...prob didn't help)so I sent it back and they sent me a new one. Ended up trading the new return on a sks. I paid that much for it back then and thought it was a good deal.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Mine is over 20 years old. I bought it for $75 from the old True Value Hardware that was in the Chartley Shopping Center in Reisterstown. I use it still, to kill groundhogs (that have been trapped). It has always been an accurrate little pistol.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I picked one of these up very recently, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I think $119 would be fair. I paid $125 for mine used, which also included wood grips and the black grips. $119 from Classic Arms will be around $180 ($119 + $20 shipping + $40 transfer).

Check around some IP shops, they may have them in stock then you won't get socked with shipping charges or extra transfer fees, aside from the $10 MSP fee.

Now I need to enhance mine so I can drop the mag when the gun is on safe (looks easy from YouTube)...

swimtb

Jul 17, 2013
    crofton area
    I must have gotten a lemon when I got mine., Jammed all the time, bullet came out and hooked left. I could almost shoot around a corner with it. I paid $90 20 years ago and got $150 for it at a gun buy back. NOBODY was interested in using it for a trade and the most I was offered for it was $40. I got a Ruger Mark II shortly after getting this and the difference was like night and day. I will never again buy a gun that I was unfamiliar with and when the price is that low I know that I get what I pay for. I hope yours shoots well, you have no jams and enjoy many rounds through it.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    I picked one of these up very recently, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I think $119 would be fair. I paid $125 for mine used, which also included wood grips and the black grips. $119 from Classic Arms will be around $180 ($119 + $20 shipping + $40 transfer).

Check around some IP shops, they may have them in stock then you won't get socked with shipping charges or extra transfer fees, aside from the $10 MSP fee.

Now I need to enhance mine so I can drop the mag when the gun is on safe (looks easy from YouTube)...

That is what makes it not look too attractive with all of the extra charges.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    That is what makes it not look too attractive with all of the extra charges.

Yes, those fixed charges get rationalized easier on a $500+ gun. With the HP22a near 1/3 the cost of gun is all the red tape crap.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Damn you! :D

Almost every week when I check in on the forum, I end up spending more money.

Did it again......:innocent0

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Well, the mother-in-law invited herself over for dinner, so I thought it'd be a good time to clean up my new-to-me HP22 to avoid unnecessary interaction with her.

Ultrasonic cleaner on the barrel worked wonders! A little bit of dremmel work and I can now drop the mag while on "fire". I think it's unsafe to not be able to drop the mag regardless of the safety position, especially if this is a new firearm owner's first gun.

Has anyone tried the 5" barrel? They look neat, but I realize that the sights aren't really that great. I also have the HP22 and not the HP22A, so no adjustable sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom