• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    Just wanted to pass on to anybody interested in appendix carry that the Phlster Enigma is absolutely the best set up ive ever used. Ive been carrying with it since last August and there isn't anything that compares in comfort. With SB-1 taking effect soon (maybe?) its extremely easy to deep carry and is 100% invisible in shorts, pants, etc. If you're on the fence just do it!!

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I got one for cycling and it's a no go. Every pedal stroke the thigh comes up and pushes gun up and crowds the twig and berries and when I get of the bike it prints like I'm got a kitchen sink under my t-shirt. I pocket carry instead in some drawstring shorts over bike shorts.

I have used the Enigma for wearing with draw string shorts and t-shirt when taking walks and I do agree it disappears. The leg leash both sucks and blows. If you follow Phlster Facebook posts, or the YouTube channel, that show other leashes from third-party suppliers. I haven't tried those, as I explain below.

If you don't have a gun that matches one of the holsters that come with the Express version, you have to buy a third-party holster from the list of suppliers they have listed. I think I got lucky when I had to go with a third-party holster supplier for my carry gun. I found I don't need the leash at all if I draw to my strong side, to tip the gun, as if shortcutting to shooting from retention position, then it comes out nicely, but without the leash there's no way to draw up. It just won't come out. That holster company link is: https://miholsterco.com/quick-ship-stealth/ However, you might not find a match there for your gun.

Overall it's better than belly bands, but it took me quite a bit of research because the Phlster side is so information heavy. Hope I help someone.

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    I got one for cycling and it's a no go. Every pedal stroke the thigh comes up and pushes gun up and crowds the twig and berries and when I get of the bike it prints like I'm got a kitchen sink under my t-shirt. I pocket carry instead in some drawstring shorts over bike shorts.

I have used the Enigma for wearing with draw string shorts and t-shirt when taking walks and I do agree it disappears. The leg leash both sucks and blows. If you follow Phlster Facebook posts, or the YouTube channel, that show other leashes from third-party suppliers. I haven't tried those, as I explain below.

If you don't have a gun that matches one of the holsters that come with the Express version, you have to buy a third-party holster from the list of suppliers they have listed. I think I got lucky when I had to go with a third-party holster supplier for my carry gun. I found I don't need the leash at all if I draw to my strong side, to tip the gun, as if shortcutting to shooting from retention position, then it comes out nicely, but without the leash there's no way to draw up. It just won't come out. That holster company link is: https://miholsterco.com/quick-ship-stealth/ However, you might not find a match there for your gun.

Overall it's better than belly bands, but it took me quite a bit of research because the Phlster side is so information heavy. Hope I help someone.
    I could see it not being good for cycling, I haven't rode a bike in a long time, lol!! as far as the leash, I actually just took it off and its a ton more comfortable..

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    There's a lot going on there, which breaks my KISS credence.
    It's not that they make it complicated to learn, but with every variation there's another step of research. I find, too, that the gun ends up below the belt line, but if you want deep undercover than this could work. Drawstring pants are preferred for me, because banging my knuckles on my belt buckle while practicing got old fast. So many people love it, so I might be an anomaly.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Im a KISS advocate as well, but this thing just works!!!!
    I'll take your word for it. I gave it a hard look when I was shopping around, but in my case, I have to transition from tool pouches to holsters(I can't wear both at the same time) daily and the effort did not seem to suit my needs.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I could see it not being good for cycling, I haven't rode a bike in a long time, lol!! as far as the leash, I actually just took it off and its a ton more comfortable..

Isn't the leash the thing that keeps the holster in place when drawing? Have you tested that without the leash?

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    Isn't the leash the thing that keeps the holster in place when drawing? Have you tested that without the leash?
    I have tested it without the lease and for me it works fine! When I carry appendix, 99% of the time now, I deep carry so my pants keep the holster In place when drawing. It just works!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have one. In the wee hours of this morning I was bored and this post inspired me to pull it out of the holster bin. It looked like a pain in the ass when I first got it so didn’t fool with it.

It is very comfortable.
    Disappears, as OP stated
    Wore it with a t-shirt. No way in hell it’s printing.

Agree with OP. Really great holster.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have one. In the wee hours of this morning I was bored and this post inspired me to pull it out of the holster bin. It looked like a pain in the ass when I first got it so didn’t fool with it.

It is very comfortable.
    Disappears, as OP stated
    Wore it with a t-shirt. No way in hell it’s printing.

Agree with OP. Really great holster.
    You should let me draw it one time. Or 40.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I have one and never use it. For concealment I find it unparalleled. Everything else about it is sub-par in my opinion. I suppose there are scenarios where it could be the best option. I don’t find myself in those scenarios often.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have one and never use it. For concealment I find it unparalleled. Everything else about it is sub-par in my opinion. I suppose there are scenarios where it could be the best option. I don’t find myself in those scenarios often.
    All of the non permissive environments I have carried in, 1. I would have never used this due to drawing concerns and 2. IWB or OWB with a proper shirt worked just fine.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Absolutely. Want to try it out for a couple weeks? Not a holster I can wear to work. Not easy to get off and on.
    How often does your job require you to remove your pants?

Asking for a friend. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom