• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I’ve carried in Philly and surrounding counties for years never any issues as stated stay away from the metal detectors and you will be fine.
    After doing some actual digging, Philly leadership has a strong desire to do control freak anti gun stuff, but have met the correct state preemption resistance, and carry seems to be mostly good mostly everywhere. Those pesky feds make carrying at the federal parks illegal but other then that, you can carry almost everywhere here, even on SEPTA, public transit.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    After doing some actual digging, Philly leadership has a strong desire to do control freak anti gun stuff, but have met the correct state preemption resistance, and carry seems to be mostly good mostly everywhere. Those pesky feds make carrying at the federal parks illegal but other then that, you can carry almost everywhere here, even on SEPTA, public transit.

I believe carry on federal parks is legal, passed by the (believe it or not) Obama administration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    I used to go to Sungard in Philly quarterly for DR testing. Had the two well known cheesesteaks, Pats & Genos. They were ok.
    The guys I had to deal with there told me the push cart in front of the bldg. was the best.
    For my $$ they were correct. No idea if the guy is still alive or in business.
    Good Luck

401 North Broad Street

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thanks for sharing. Do you have any legal jargon references to back this up?

I have been refraining from CCW at fed parks for the reason of me thinking it was illegal.

Not handy but there are multiple threads here on MDS. You cannot however, carry in a federal building on federal parkland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Drats, I missed it by that much...
    :D

Missed-It-By-That-Much.jpg

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Pardon?
    Only because of 2A Advocates getting arrested , suing , and winning multiple times .
    Yes. Proper legal work
    Thank you.
    Below is from the horse's mouth. Note that facilities/buildings on NPS grounds are still off limits.

Thank you as well.

I am back home. I carried all week. The homeless folk there are wild, so my G19 was more relevant that it has ever been.

I like that you can carry on trains and buses too. That is one "law" here in MD that should go away. That and parks being a floor is lava place.

I didn't eat a single cheesesteak. I did eat a handful of times at Reading Market, and that was good.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I am in Philly a few times a year and I always carry. However, the Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, and other parts of the national park service are off limits (indoors anyways, but that’s where all of the neat stuff is) - I usually just leave it in my car.

Now the big question: what’s your favorite cheesesteak?
    Dalessandros in the Roxborough neighborhood, and Jim's Steaks on South Street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom