• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Well, dagnabbit, my Doc appt was canceled on me, so I have the first half of the day free now...

I'm thinking 10AM, weather permitting, just 2-3 rounds of busting clays for the heck of it (or as a tune-up for the CC event).

See you there???

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Looks like I will be able to shoot in the morning. Might have one or both of my brothers along with me. I'll see you guys at 10:00.

What are we shooting. Trap, skeet, sporting clays? Just let me know what we plan on shooting so I can bring the appropriate gun and shells, or I'll just pack everything up and be prepared for whatever.

For those that have never done sporting clays, I'd be more than happy to show them how to shoot it. They can also shoot my gun since only one person at a time shoots in sporting clays.

Anybody need to borrow a shotgun? I might have one to lend.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I should be there tomorrow. I'd be up for trap or wobble. I won't be able to stay long enough for a full round of sporting clays.

Joe

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I should be there tomorrow. I'd be up for trap or wobble. I won't be able to stay long enough for a full round of sporting clays.

Joe

I'll shoot whatever we decide to shoot.

The nice thing about the sporting clays setup at PG is that you can shoot as many or as few targets as you wish with the electronic system. Think I still have something like 86 targets on the last card I put targets on. Hopefully, the card still works.

I'm good with shooting trap or wobble trap. I'll pack a selection of guns. lol

Mr H

Banana'd
    Joe

I think I'm in the same boat, though I'd love to set aside some time for sporting clays before too long.

I'm up for trap, wobble or skeet (though truth be told I'd really like to get in a game of skeet if it works out, and someone is more familiar with how it goes)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think I'm in the same boat, though I'd love to set aside some time for sporting clays before too long.

I'm up for trap, wobble or skeet (though truth be told I'd really like to get in a game of skeet if it works out, and someone is more familiar with how it goes)

We can shoot skeet. I used to be in that boat. Scared to try it because I had no idea how to do it and nobody was there to teach me. Mr. H, if the group wants to do trap and wobble, you and I can sneak over to a skeet field for one round so you can see what it is like.

See you guys at 10:00.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I would LOVE to shoot skeet, but unfortunately, I am sitting at my desk and running the show today. Damn. Hopefully next time. Enjoy your day guys.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    A good morning was had, and it was a good thing we did it early.

The place was pretty well packed when I left.

Thanks to all who came out. Too bad I shot like I was half blind.

Guys, it was great shooting with all of you. No worries about scores because I only really care about how well I shoot and the only people I have to make sure I beat are my brothers or I will never hear the end of it.

After everybody left, my brother and I shot 50 targets of sporting clays, and the parking lot and clubhouse were both packed when we left. Only times I have seen that place that crowded is during large tournaments and the Congressional shoots. Awesome that it was that crowded from a future of the sport perspective. Sucks that it was that crowded from an "I have to shoot with all these freaking people" perspective.

If my 391 was jamming here and there on the skeet course, it was really jamming pretty bad on the sporting clays course. Just completely irritating. It would cycle a 1,235 fps 1 1/8 oz Remington Nitro load no problem but would not cycle a 1,090 fps 1 1/8 oz reload of mine. So, I sit here wondering if I should drill out the gas ports a little more to make sure they are clean, cut a coil or two off the brand new spring I put in the gun this summer, or just use it as an oar and get me a Beretta A400 Excel in 12 gauge or a Benelli Super Sport Performance Shop in 12 gauge. Nothing drives me crazier than when my gear does not work like it should. The damn gun was the only downer to shooting today.

Epiphany. Going to go and cut open a couple of those reloads and weigh the powder charges, but they were shooting just fine out of my 682. Nothing in life can ever be simple, now can it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom