PG County/Beltsville history buffs, read me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Hey fellas,

I drive by this decent chunk of land almost every day.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.060183,-76.903635&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&z=16

Does anyone have any idea what it use to be? On the MD plat map the road that intersects the property is called Coffin-Cassard Rd. Apparently the Coffin family was involved with developing the area in the early 1800s.

I am thinking it was a farm or something, due to the vast fields and such.

Anyone have any idea what it's currently used for? The roads appear serviceable, and it's apparently owned by the local business-park development company, Konterra. Looks like a cool little tract to explore, so, anyone know anything about it?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    yes.. its owned by Konterra.. hell they own a lot of lands in that neighborhood.

what are you looking for? hunting? forget it.. lol

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    yes.. its owned by Konterra.. hell they own a lot of lands in that neighborhood.

what are you looking for? hunting? forget it.. lol

Hunting would be awesome with permission, as I bet there is a ton of deer nestled in those woods, but the proximity to residential, 95, ICC, commercial make it pretty shitty. It would be cool to ride a mountain bike around, if it were public land of course :innocent0

I can only wonder what Konterra is planning. Yea, they own a ton of business parks in the area. I cannot see them turning it into a business park, as there is a ton of empty space in their already developed business parks.

My bet is they are waiting to see how successful Brickyard Station is going to be as soon as that last leg of ICC opens up. If Brickyard takes off, my bet is they develop that tract into the same crap.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Hunting would be awesome with permission, as I bet there is a ton of deer nestled in those woods, but the proximity to residential, 95, ICC, commercial make it pretty shitty. It would be cool to ride a mountain bike around, if it were public land of course :innocent0

I can only wonder what Konterra is planning. Yea, they own a ton of business parks in the area. I cannot see them turning it into a business park, as there is a ton of empty space in their already developed business parks.

My bet is they are waiting to see how successful Brickyard Station is going to be as soon as that last leg of ICC opens up. If Brickyard takes off, my bet is they develop that tract into the same crap.

hunting.. no go.. as far as mountain bike.. i highly doubt they will allow either.. too much liablility. :innocent0

that place used to be sand and gravel pits. believe its going to be active when the Virginia manor road is done.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I bet you are right. Maybe they are thinking with the ICC the space in their existing properties will become fully occupied.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What's that ATF facility just south of it off Ammendale?

I wonder if the property you're referring to was part of Christian brothers at one time?

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom